Iodine and Supplements?

Elize

Reaction score
This is something that's really helped me to know but I haven't heard a doctor or nurse talk about it even though it seems really important. Iodine is a key element in fetal neurological development as well as to the thyroid, and important in fatty tissues like mom's growing breasts. There are several things in the environment that displace iodine (bromine, chlorine, flouride) and high iodine intake itself is linked in studies of the Japanese people to have significant health benefits like less cases of cancer and several diseases (hypoplasia and fibrocystic breast tissue, which are linked to low iodine intake). Thoughts?

I'm planning to meet with a dietitian soon to discuss it further, but I was curious if anyone here has come across this information or been informed of the importance of iodine by their doctor? I have an awesome liquid form of iodine that I add to water in the mornings, especially if I wake up and my boobs hurt. The pain dissipates within an hour usually. It's from a mineral source and not the ocean so there's less likelihood that any mercury could be in as a containment (or if you can't have fish products) -> Survival Shield X-3 2 oz. Bottle
(I take a normal prenatal too of course, but this and that are it during pregnancy!)

Here are some studies/ resources I found;
US National Institute of Health: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iodine-HealthProfessional/
Things that compete with iodine in your body: Avoid This if You Want to Keep Your Thyroid Healthy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back