Introduction and a question11

hellie123

Reaction score
HI everyone,

Just wanted to say Hi :wave: I am Helen and I am 27 weeks pregnant so just coming over to the 3rd and final trimester!!!!! :dance:

I had a MW app on Tuesday and she measured me at 28 weeks (This was when I was just over 26 weeks) I just wondered whether anyone else had been measured bigger than dates.

Thanks

hey! welcome to 3rd trimester forum. I measured bigger once, at 19 weeks I was measuring 21 but every other time I've been the exact size for my dates. The consultant did tell me at one of my appts that it wasn't always the most accurate way of checking.

My cousin is measuring bigger at the mo, she is 28 & is measuring for 33 weeks, so she was sent for a growth scan. I'm sure your midwife will let u know if she has any concerns.

emman24 said:
hey! welcome to 3rd trimester forum. I measured bigger once, at 19 weeks I was measuring 21 but every other time I've been the exact size for my dates. The consultant did tell me at one of my appts that it wasn't always the most accurate way of checking.

My cousin is measuring bigger at the mo, she is 28 & is measuring for 33 weeks, so she was sent for a growth scan. I'm sure your midwife will let u know if she has any concerns.

Thank you :D

Hi and welcome to the 3rd Tri :wave:

Measuring 2cms too big or too small is never normally of concern, as the measurements are only a guide and the 2 cms give the MW's some adjustment either way!

I was measuring 4 - 5 cms too small for several weeks, and it was only then I was sent for a scan - turns out he is the perfect size, so I am no longer convinced at all by fundal height measurements..........plus babies have growth spurts :D

If it was of any concern the MW would have mentioned it :hug:

EllieBelle said:
Hi and welcome to the 3rd Tri :wave:

Measuring 2cms too big or too small is never normally of concern, as the measurements are only a guide and the 2 cms give the MW's some adjustment either way!

I was measuring 4 - 5 cms too small for several weeks, and it was only then I was sent for a scan - turns out he is the perfect size, so I am no longer convinced at all by fundal height measurements..........plus babies have growth spurts :D

If it was of any concern the MW would have mentioned it :hug:

Thank you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back