internal

amylou86

Reaction score
hi
i was just wondering if at the midwife appointment do they ever do an internal towards the end of the pregnancy?
the reason i ask is cause some ppl come back from the appointment and find out there so many cm's dilated or the midwife has told them the cervix is thinning..how would they know without being checked?
sorry if i sound stupid! ha
its my first pregnancy, and im just a little confused!

I've never had an internal of the MW. The only ones I've had done towards the end of pregnancy have been when I was at the hospital when I was over due.

hi,
i never had an internal at my apointments, the only time they did this was when i was in labour to see how far i had dilated. As for the cervix thinning ive no idea, im sure they only check these when your in labour or overdue to see whats happening.
Maybe the ppl who told you that were overdue? or maybe they meant how far the head was engaged?, as they check that at appointments.
Sorry if ive not been much help

x x x

aahh thanks for replying .. i think they must of been overdue!
:hug:

I never had any internals with my first pregnancy even though I went 2 weeks overdue - first time anybody went near my bits was when they started to induce me - to put the cervical gel up there.

And I've had no internals this time either. Good job too - don't want any lol.

The only time i had an internal at a midwife appointment was when i was overdue and went for my sweep.Other than that the next time was in the hospital when i went into labour :D

the only internal my MW did was when my waters went at 38 weeks....

as far as i kno its not procedure to do internals unless there is a problem/ur overdue/ur labour has started...

I had internals done every week from 37 weeks but im in a different country lol

ive had internals done from 34 weeks every 2 weeks, but then again i have problems during pregnancy.. :hug:

my waters broke a week before my little boy actually decided to show his face and i only had one internal. The next time i had one was during labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back