Insomnia!!!

Munz

Reaction score
Ive been having problems sleeping for a bout 2 weeks now.. however last night took the biscuit i was clock watching from 11pm till almost 3am!:clock:

ive tried tried reading, hot bath and hot drink before bed but nada!

just wondering is insomnia normal during pregnancy?:help:

not sure if normal during pregnancy, i have mentioned mine to a dr. since being pregnant, and they dont seem concerned.

ive suffered from insomia for about 8 months, the earliest i sleep is 2am, some nights i dont sleep at all, literally.
so i just want to say i know how awful it is for you. :hugs:

advice i got given, was make sure your bedroom is a place for sleep only, no watching tv, on computer, paying bills etc
so your brain will associate your bedroom only with sleep.
also, get up as soon as you wake up, dont go back to sleep, although it may be very difficult!
do some sort of activity during the day, like a long walk, but not too soon before bed.
i havnt been able to try these methods, because of awkward circumstances, but maybe its worth a go!

also, try to avoid hot baths in pregnancy, warm baths are fine, but not hot.

hope you manage to get a good nights sleep soon!
xxx

Last edited:
oh god hun, i feel your pain, i have been unable to sleep properly since i found out, only 3 night so far tho, things been wizzing round my brain too much, im gona try bath with baby bath time tonight before bed, hoping this works :)

i hope it doesnt carry on for you, dont know what to suggest.

fx its just brain in overdrive and not a pregnancy thing :eek: xx

Hi Hun, I've been the same. Been waking around 3 am and had trouble getting back to sleep. I think it can be a pg symptom. Hope you get some sleep soon xx

I've had trouble sleeping for a few years and was on tablets, come off them now i'm pregnant so i just kind of assumed thats why i'm not sleeping at night, Saying that i'm so shattered during the day that i'm napping loads! which probably doesn't help.

I've heard a few people talk about now sleeping when pregnant though so suppose it could be a symptom :)

I'm the same, not been able to sleep since finding out i'm pregnant! I felt so tired last night i went to bed at 9pm... and at 11pm i was still awake.... and at 2... and 4... :( Then had to be up at 6 for work!!!

I'm the same, not been able to sleep since finding out i'm pregnant! I felt so tired last night i went to bed at 9pm... and at 11pm i was still awake.... and at 2... and 4... :( Then had to be up at 6 for work!!!

Mine started before I knew I was preggers! but I had a booking app with the midwife today so will be asking loaaaaads of question... why.. what.. when.. how.. lol

Lastnight I think I got a few more hours sleep but I miss my full 8-10 hours sleep, I feel like a zombie! ha!

I have been the same for last few nights, not napping during day either, so pretty tired right now. Plus my LO keeps waking in the night at the moment too :( I haven't slept properly since I got pregnant with my DD though, she's normally a good sleeper too, but its not the same once you're pregnant and then have LO x x

Last edited:
:/ I'm sooo tired but I just can't sleep!! I struggle to wake up in the morning.... gosh this needs to stop I start work from Monday and I'm so worried bout not being able to wake up....:(:(:(

My sleeping has been awful for last couple of weeks and really, really odd dreams when I do sleep. Not nightmares, just very odd!

It seems to be settling down though and over the last few nights have slept ok - well apart from my 4am loo break! :)

Fx it settles down for you too.x

its totally a normal pregnancy symptom.. get used to it. your body is trying to mess up your body clock because soon you will be up every 2 hours and will get very little sleep. if u didnt practice now u would be a total mess when the baby did it. its strange really how your body works, preparing you.
id say that if you cant sleep go and lay on the sofa and put the telly on.
xxxx

Ive been the same for about two weeks now, I wake up at exactly 3.30am every morning. I've put it down to the morning sickness though as I think feeling queasy is stopping me from getting back to sleep. Im starting to feel like a zombie too!

it's comforting to see so many other people suffering from the same thing! I usually manage to fall asleep when I go to bed but then wake up every few hours and struggle to get back to sleep, usually worse between 5 and 6 am, then when my alarm goes off at 7:30 it's a huge effort to get up for work :( x

I suffer from ME so sleep is a massive problem for me.

I have days that I sleep all day, literally. And then I go 4 or 5 days not being able to sleep very much at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

My SIL is a really bad sleeper... Some nights she'll stay awake til anytime between 3-6am, so has been referred to the local mental health team for a sleep assessment..

My SIL is a really bad sleeper... Some nights she'll stay awake til anytime between 3-6am, so has been referred to the local mental health team for a sleep assessment..

I don't think I have a sleeping disorder, just one of those things I guess in pregnancy... some experience sickness all day and night and others a sleepless night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back