Insomnia/Formula Feeding

Guadagnia

Reaction score
Hi..

My 3 week old is waring me out :oops:
He was breast fed for the firt 2 weeks but I couldnt keep up with him being fed every hour my blood pressure shot up, so changed him to SMA. The SMA Gold didnt seem to fill him and hes on SMA White, but tbh hes feeding every two hours...................................................................

My health visitor isnt much help, he sleeps all day and awake all night is this normal, or is it me, being completely worn out and not thinking straight

HELP

Im sure it wasnt this tiring with my first, any suggestions would be appreciated

Rgds
Guadagnia

Hi there. I know how you're feeling. :hug:
I went through the same thing with my LO. I started off BF but then had to switch to formula at about 3 weeks becuase the demands of BF made me so depressed.
I remember there was one point where my LO was feeding constantly too, but I kept her on the SMA Gold as I felt it could've been due to a growth spurt and I'd heard that the white formula can make babies more prone to constipation. I was worried that my LO was overfeeding, but a few days later, her feeding was back to "normal".
My LO also had her body clock messed up at the beginning, but we used techniques that I read on the internet to help her differentiate between night and day, eg keeping the lights and sounds low at night time, no communication during night feeds etc., and this seemed to help.
I know it seems tough right now, but trust me, it does get easier with time.
Good luck!

Hi there :hug: Feeding so ften is normal for small babies. And that your LO isnt sleeping during the night is absolutely normal too. It is really tirening, but that is just what babies do :hug: How much formula are you giving? Babies at that stage should have about 60-80 mls every 3 hours. Try to make your LO eat. Maybe it will help. And the most importaint thing, try to get some sleep by yourself :hug: Try to get somebody to take your LO out, even for 1 hour. They usually fall asleep straight away and you wont have to worry, that you need to be there for him. ( I mean, that you will be able to sleep a bit, without thinking that he might need a feed soon) Try also keep him awake from about 5pm till 8pm, or from 6pm till 9pm, whatever suits you. It is hard, but you just have to keep him entertained and you have to give him loads of cuddles. Hopefully, he will get tired, and go to sleep in the end.

Thanks Ladies

Your comments make sense, I will try them

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27