Formula Question

Kiranxxx

Reaction score
Hi,

My LO is having SMA gold and for the last 2 weeks she has been getting more hungry she wants a feed every 3 hours although only has between 4-5 oz before this she would go up to 4 hours and at night she would sleep at least 7 hours.

Last night i bathed her fed her at 7.30pm then she woke up at 10pm, 2pm and 6am for a feed. Is this normal?

Should I keep her on the SMA gold or change it? if so what do i change it to?

i would suggest giving her a couple more ounces each feed and see how she gets on.

Is she draining her bottles?

She also may be having a growth spurt and could settle back down?

Alternatively there is always hungrier baby formular. SMA do one. Id try increasing her feed amount first though.

Also every 3 hours is pretty normal to go between feeds

I had been giving her 6oz but she never finishes it so I dropped down to 5oz.

How long does a growth spurt last for it's been like this for 2 weeks now.

it depends really. can be a few days or so but i have to say its not usually 2 weeks.

If she is leaving some of her bottle then I think it just sounds like she has changed her habits and now wants to feed every 3 hours rather than 4. If she only has a little tummy then the 5oz will fill her but as she is getting bigger then she will digest it quicker meaning she will want to feed more often.

Is she draining the 5 oz bottles? If so i would try putting it up again to 6 and see how she gets on; She may leave some in most bottles but she may take all 6 at certain times of the day.

I changed Daniel from SMA gold to SMA for Hungrier babies when he was 8 weeks old as I just couldn't fill him up! Within a couple of days he was a much happier and more settled baby.

From 10 weeks he was feeding every 3 hours between 7am and 7pm and sleeping through 7 - 7 :D

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back