Insensitive

her13

Reaction score
The last few days I've noticed things that have actually annoyed me abit. I don't expect people to not speak of general pregnancy etc around me ,Although it hurts I've come to terms with that ,but it's couple of other things, for example on a night out a person I know was talking to me about when her sister was in labour , another person at work spoke about having to go in the same department at the hospital where they do the scans and saw all the pregnant women an dads with there happy faces. These people know about my misscarriages so why doesn't it cross there minds it may upset me ? Just needed to get that off my chest! X maybe I'm over sensitive as on p at the mo!

I totally get that. It's as if people seek you out! What I wonder is that people are just really naive or just haven't begun to think about what happen during a mc. I don't think they even comprehend the scans, blood tests, labour, leaking boobs and the rest. It's easier for them not to go there. But we've been there and that makes those stories stir so much more emotion and pain. X

I understand how you feel, I remember going out with some old work friends,they all knew i had miscarried and it was a couple of months after, but they started speaking about people who were expecting and some of them even started discussing when they were pregnant and their labours etc, I was sat there thinking ''are you being serious????''!!!!!!!

It is totally out of order, but I think some people just don't think before they speak! x

No, I completely agree. I went for dinner at a friends house with my oh and two other couples, the boys went away to do man things (?) so we were left to girlie chats. They all know what had happened to me a couple of weeks before, but the conversation topic of choice was labour!! I was even told how horrific it is and I must make sure to have a C-section. Really??!!!! I don't care if they had to break your coccyx or whatever. Descriptions of your terrible labour are really not making me feel any better. They could break every bone in my body if it meant I didn't lose that little one. STFU.

I know they don't mean it and obviously weren't thinking before they spoke but argh!!x

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Just from the other point of view I just try and be normal and talk about anything and everything that comes into my mind as that's how I've always thought the best way to help someone through grief. I know now that's clearly not the case and will be more sensitive about what I say to others.

Hi, I agree with Bethyboo. After 8 mc's I really don't need to hear other peoples stories about their awful labour.

As she said, they could break every bone in my body if it meant I was going to get a healthy baby out of it and people need to stop and think a bit before speaking.

I am sorry for your loss, it will get better but the pain only fades, it never really goes away. I hope you are feeling better now xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back