And another pregnancy announcement!

laurat

Reaction score
My husband just text me to say our friends are pregnant! I actually want to text back and say what do you want me to say to this! I know I should reply to say great news Im happy for them. I can't. This is the 5th pregnancy Ive heard about in a month. On top of one birth and twins ready to drop! I am sick of being happy for everyone else. Im annoyed at my husband that he thinks texting me that is ok. Ive got tests tomorrow to see if I am ever going to have a healthy pregnancy! Im turning into a bitter horrible jealous person and I am angry at myself!

Im sorry to hear that you are feeling this way and it is insensitive of your DH but you know what men are like, generally they act before they think! Good luck for your tests tomorrow and lots of love and dust sending ur way! xx

Really sorry you are feeling that way too!
But I have had a taste of feeling like that too, just keep imagining holding your baby and that you do get your wish, thats what I have tried to do and now do believe it will happen its just when.
so hopefully you will come through this stage and you will get your baba and get to be the one !
yes men just dont understand!!!
Good luck!! xxx

Hey Laura, argh I know how you feel. Lots of our friends are having children now and its hard when they ask when we're having any. I always think that people with children reeeeeeeeeally should understand that sometimes its not that easy to get pregnant! Most of them only seem to try a few months or are even pregnant on their wedding day! I can never believe its been almost 17 months for us. To be honest though, I've kind of developed a really thick skin for the whole thing...I think its cos I'm happy with my hubby and we have both said that if we don't have children then thats ok too cos at least we have each other. Took us a while to get to that point though I spent a long time being very angry at everything. Think I've just got to the point where I couldn't be stressed about it allllllllllll the time. Hang in there. And remember, most people will understand if you don't go to visit every new baby etc etc - having said that I just can't say the words 'well actually we might not be able to have children' to anyone just yet..... I'm building up to it by answering 'maybe...'

Here if you need to chat xxxxx

Thanks girls, Im feeling better after my rant on here. I really do appreciate all your words and reassurances that Im not the only one who feels like this. Ive just been feeling a bit suffocated by it all recently.

When my hubby came home I realised that he was actually as upset as me. He had text me as he didnt know if he wanted to see my face and hurt again when he had to tell me as he really felt it today. The guy is really more his friend and hes upset with the constant congratulations and 'back slapping' chat about being a dad! I feel bad that I have probably overlooked his upset!

I am going to try to look forward to our time together as we have such fun with just us. Before we have to devote our time to our baby WHEN not IF it arrives.

Baby dust to you all!

I think your doing the right thing to focus on each other hon, ignore everyone else, you dont have to be happy for everyone.

Me and my oh used to find it so tough to hear pregnancy announcements, esp when his brother's wife conceived on their first go. We got through it by just keeping out of their way as much as possible so when we did see them we could manage to keep up the pretence of being happy, then behind closed doors we had loooooong conversations and chats about how we really felt. It def helps bring you closer together!

We then decided to plan our lives without kids, started doing things we'd always wanted to do together like planning to emmigrate and starting an OU degree, booking swish hols to posh resorts and going on lots and lots of dates with each other. It helped as it gave us an exciting future to look towards, although we never deep down gave up hope of kids we just stopped trying and tried to distract ourselves and focus on each other.
As it turns out just as we'd booked the hol (non refundable typical) and started the first OU course I got my first bfp in over 3.5 years of trying, so there can be a happy ending and I wish you all the baby dust in the world hon so you can have yours, but in the meantime focus on each other and try (I know its hard) to have as much fun as possible xxxxxxxx

ranting on here really helps hun, so feel free to rant away. Hope you are ok, i feel the same, all i hear is pregnancy and birth announcements, it sucks, xxx

hi, i know how you feel. i went into premature labour at 22 weeks and he was too small to survive. this was 4 weeks ago. i seem to just see pregnant people everywhere, and it makes me want to scream. im finding it difficult even seeing people with their babies. which i hate because i dont want to be bitter, i just want my baby.

tell me about it! my cousin had a baby on thursday same sex same weight, really pleased for her but....well you girls know what i mean, i dont want to feel like this but as you all know its enevitable i guess. it sucks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back