would it be insensitive?

leckershell

Reaction score
My friend that I used to work with at the pub had a miscarriage a couple of weeks back and is taking some time away from everything to grieve. It hit her really hard as she really really wanted a baby and loved seeing my bump growing. :(

I was planning on dropping her a little card, like thinking of you type card, just to let her know I'm here for her, but I don't want to appear to be really insensitive because I've got a baby and she hasnt..

When she texted me she did say hope me, nat and our bump are doing well, and I know she'd love to see the 3d scan pictures as she was well excited about it, but I don't want to come across as insensitive.

What should I do?..

I would go ahead and send the card. I have just lost my baby, but it really does help me to know that others are still having theirs, maybe she will be the same. Perhaps say in the card that she can contact you any time she wants, then its in her court if she wants to see you or not.
I can see why you are worried, I am having trouble getting my sister in law to talk to me at the moment. She is so worried she will upset me as she is having a baby, due just 3 days before my Oliver was. I know she isn't being nasty, she is just trying to be sensitive, as you are.

Hi leckershell,
Sorry to hear that about ur friend, i think as Anna B says it would b nice still to send a wee card just saying ur thinking of her and if she needs to talk r u to come visit tell her she can, and as Anna B says she can then contact u when she feels ready to do so.

:hug:

Thanks guys, I just didn't know whether it would look like I was rubbing it in when thats really not what I would mean to do at all as I know how it feels to go through miscarraige.

I got her a little card and a little chocolate bar from thorntons to put inside it with princess on and little stars, as she's such a girly girl she'd love it.

You sound like such a nice caring friend to have.

Give your friend a hug the next time you see her. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back