Insensitive comments about miscarriages

I don't really have any wise words other than to say that my mother was just as insensitive when I had to call her and explain what had happened. With me and my brother she had totally uncomplicated pregnancies and never experienced a miscarriage so it just seems like she cannot imagine the pain. It's just like one of the other ladies said, they seem to think that because it is so tiny they don't think you should feel like you've lost a baby. I saw my mum 8 days after my second one and she didnt understand why I was still grieving. That's why the forums are so good because we all know what it feels like. I suppose before it happened to me maybe I wouldn't have been as aware as I now am. Hope you are doing ok x

Thanks hun, yes I feel better about the comments now. I am still a bit annoyed with her but I am not as hurt anymore as I put it down to her being naïve about it. You're right, the forum is great for getting it all out and the understanding from the other ladies is amazing. I hope you're doing ok too x

Last edited:
I'm doing ok, I've had a months break from ttc and we are back trying again this month but I still get sad. Just now I realised that if my first pregnancy had worked out I would be starting to feel movements now and be close to finding out gender, or if my second had worked out then I'd be due my 12 weeks scan. I think that's the hardest bit, trying not to think about those milestones, or realising that other people don't realise you're still thinking about them and that's why you sometimes feel sad. But then I'm also scared of getting a BFP this month incase I have to go through all that heartbreak a third time. I never ever imagined ttc would be so difficult and so heartbreaking - I guess growing up you hear about these things but never really think it will happen to you.

Got to stay positive though - let's hope we get our sticky BFPs soon xx

Last edited:
I could have written that myself. Its so hard not to think about the milestones although its at the forefront of my mind that my baby would have been due next month. I will be glad when that date passes really. I still get sad about my first and second miscarriage too and my first MC was in 2011, it never goes away.

I agree though, lets stay positive and hope that we get our forever babies v soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back