Insanity!!!

K&A

Reaction score
Oh dear,

3 nights in a row now ive been awake from 11pm to 5am.

Baby Jack is in a backwards routine that i dont know how to get out of.

His not well, he has a stuffy nose and i gave him a tiny amount of gripe water as his suffering from terrible wind and now he has a runny nappy..

so his awake all night, i change his bum then feed him then burp then by the time we've got some wind up its been 2 hours and his trying to suck my nose for more food. So were both awake all night and then he sleeps all day and i cat nap and try to get the house tidy, just about.

But i cant break the routine now as were both that tired we need to sleep in the day.

Any advice on what i can do, ive come to the edge of sanity!!!

:nap: i miss sleeping next to my OH as he has to get up early for work and i dont want to let Jack cry in the bedroom so ive been lying on the sofa :(

HELP!!!

Kylie & Baby Jack x

So glad it's not just me :( Isla was awake last night from 1 - 5 I'm beginning to think she's not a back sleeper, I had her on her side this morning after a feed, I was being lazy and just attached her while I was still in bed and she slept for over a hour. I can't keep her awake during the day, so at night she just won't sleep, she squeals and yells. I have no idea how much she is getting boob wise, it must be loads as she has put on 12oz in 8 days!

Any advice would be most welcome my poor husband is shattered and I was in tears last night as it's so frustrating they can't talk :(

Emma x

:hug: can anyone come and stay to help you out? maybe they can do the winding while you sleep. This must be like torture for you :(

I'm kinda going through the same thing, got a thread going called controll crying. Have a look at what the girls suggested to me x x

Oh no! Poor you x I have no advice I'm afraid x massive hugs though x

i know emma i felt like crying but then i felt bad because i knew what i was doing by having a baby. My mum works really long hours at work and i live with her and feel so guilty that she wakes up when he crys.. She's been great though she'll gets up and helps me.

i was thinking the same about Jack, i lie him flat on his back and he screams but i lie him on me on his tummy and he'll sleep for ages x

maybe try tummy sleeping? if it works for me ill do it, may be worth it just so you get some sleep :) x

i know i feel like im back at work doing nightshift accept when he sleeps in the day i can't sleep no matter how much i try ARGHH x

Chaz what room is the crying control thread in x

tegan was doing this untill friday i woke her up at 4pm and every time she dozed off i woke her back. she has now started waking up at about 4pm she feeds then lays on her play mat feeds again then bath then falls asleep on my boob xx

I'm crying with exhaustion :( i struggle napping as I feel as "the housewife" I'm meant to be doing chores, then hubby comes home and normally has a nap himself! I feel cheated out of sleep.

I feel myself wishing the baby baby stage away so she's bigger and sleeps longer, although I can't imagine it'll ever happen!

Emma x

:hug: firstly you should not be doing chores. get your OH to take all the laundry for a service wash on the weekend. I know it costs but its a one off and will just give you the rest of the week not to worry about it. you need to tell your husband how tired you are. If your bottle feeding buy extra bottles so you dont end up sterilising when you have 30 mins when you could be sleeping.

give yourself a break, tell your OH exactly whats going on and what you need from him. explain its only for a few weeks. you cant struggle on like this :hug:

Last edited:
Thanks :) am breastfeeding so I've done all the night feeds for 4 weeks, along with getting up for a wee since April I've not had a full nights sleep for 7 months!

I'm meant to be taking it easy as I had a section. I've tried Isla with a bottle for the first time, and a drop of water as she gets terrible hiccups.

I've also only been on my own for 6 days! DH took 3 weeks paternity so I'm still getting in to a routine. Only a few more weeks and I'll express so I can monitor what Isla is getting and hopefully sort her sleeping out.

Xx

:hug: I had a section too. and i was the same, already beyond sleep deprivation when LO was born. Im not really sure how Im still functioning at all TBH! Take shortcuts, eat ready meals, take the washing to a laundrette, order the christmas presents of amazon and boss your husband around!!! :flower:

oh and stairs dont really need to be hoovered, right?!

Tiny, I haven't done the stairs since Charleys been born, as long as downstairs is tidy then I'm happy! Who's gonna see upstairs! Lol
Tiny's right though, tell your husband how you feel! I kept it quiet with Lacey and asked for no help with Lacey and ended up with PND! This time it's easier for me cos it's my 2nd but I've still had little cries to myself cos I'm tierd doing it on my own but I've told Tim how I feel and even though he hasn't helped with night feeds or given me a lie in he's been treating me to make me feel better. Remember it doesn't last long their soon be sleeping through x x

So last night was just as bad, 4 hours of on off screaming and feeding. She just would not settle!!

Off to doctors in half hour to see if it's reflux as she only does it after vomiting or hiccups. I might try expressing to monitor her intake and try and stop her drinking so violently. Bless her she tenses up and sucks with such severity for a tiny creature :(

I'll update shortly x

ive put Jack on hungry baby milk now and he sleept from 1am til 4.30am then through to 8am so hopefully ive solved the issue x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back