Initial doctors appointments

Karate Kid

Reaction score
Hey ladies

Phoned my doctors surgery yesterday and I was told I don't get a GP test done to confirm and the frst appointment with the midwife I will have is 8-10 weeks and I won't have an initial appointment with the GP.... is this normal??

As this is our first pregnancy I am feeling a little 'on my own', don't even feel like I can tell anyone until it is confirmed.... even though I got two positives on CB Digi's

Thank you!! xx

hi hun in my experience ive never heard of that my doc confirmed it for me then the nurse did too as i didnt beliveve it..as for the mw i think its quite normal to wait untill 8-10wks... although i booked in yesterday as im classed as high risk.
sorry i cant be much help congratulations and have a happy & healthy 9 months ahead :) xx

That might be the norm for your area hun. Here I had to see the gp first but it was just so he could inform the midwife he still didn't get me to do a test. They say the pregnancy tests you buy from the shop are so good now there's no need for them to do a test. I then saw my midwife around 8 weeks. I know how you feel though I still don't feel like this is fully 'real' and don't think I will until I see the baby on the scan xx

Last edited:
Hey hun

This is how it is in my area also. My first pregnancy went doctors day after testing positive and he wasn't interested, didn't even write it in my notes. As I left he came after me and shouted through the waiting room 'oh, you might want to make an appt with a midwife, reception will give you a number'

Called mw and she booked me in for when I would be 8 weeks and that was that.

I also felt a bit out of it all and alone and WTF happens lol

But once you see a midwife you settle into i all and it starts to feel real.

This time around I knew what to expect and what to do so it's alot different.

Congrats btw

:hug:

i neve =r got a midwife appointment til 12 weeks x

Thank you very much ladies..... I feel sorry for hubby because I was crying my eyes out last night because I was so worried!! Feel a lot better now thought, just nice to get a bit of reassurance!!

xx

Im 7 weeks and I've got an appointment with the MW next week. I also have a scan next week because I'm high risk. Everyone has told me not to tell anyone but I'm just to excited :) as this is my first child. Good luck sweetie and congradulations xxx

That's the norm for my area except my appointment was at 6 weeks x

I had an appt with the gp anyway, so that's prob the only reason I saw him, he didn't do test either. Funnilyt enough I'd gone to get result of blood test to see if I ovulated lol, doc said u ovulated, I said I know I'm pregnant! Lol x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back