infant glycerol suppositories Help

saffydreamer

Reaction score
Hey ive been told to give Ava one of these, but i cant do it :(
i have tried but it keeps popping back out,
any tips please, im scared of hurting her lil bum :(
thanks x

ive no advice sorry, i know i couldn't do it.

maybe use your little finger and push it in further, so it's past that first band of muscle?

hun first :hug: I had to do it to oran at similar age (and once again about 1 year) and it took me about 20 attmepts.

It wasnt a nice thing to do.

The way I enventually go it up (and I did this the second time and it worked straight away) was that I pushed the tip in a little pit then had to use my little finger to push it in fully and my little finger had to go in a little bit (like a mm or something just the tip) and I then basically held my finger in the opening for a few minutes so it couldnt pop back out. Which was hard with a wriggling baby but had to be done. He hadnt gone for 3 days but after that went within the hour!!!!!!!

we've used them quite a bit with Asher when he first started solids.

I agree you have to push it in very slowly and then hold your finger there for a little while and it should stay in.

Although sometimes it does come straight out and that's all the stimulation they need and a poo follows very quickly afterwards.

Any other questions please ask. I remember how traumatic it was but it didn't actually hurt him. I've had to use suppositories on myself for piles after the birth and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

K.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back