Induction question.

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
This might sound weird but can I book an induction just before my due date?

I have been getting myself panicky about when I am going to give birth. I honestly don't think I could mentally cope being overdue. I suffer from panic attacks and I don't want to get so wound up about it that I go into the mother of all panic attacks. I know that I shouldn't worry about it but I can't help it. I try so hard not to but I really am worried how I will cope mentally towards my due date knowing I could go anytime.

Hello Joann!! :wave: I'm here now!

I don't have a clue, are you seeing your MW any time soon? She's be your best bet :hug:

i dont think they will induce early hun unless there is a medical reason

I don't think they like to induce early without a medical reason - BUT then it could count as a medical reason if it were going to cause you panic attacks. I'd definitely have a chat with your midwife and explain to her and see what she suggests - maybe they could induce you on your due date or give you sweeps before your due date to see if they can get baby out for you.

:hug: :hug:

I will be at the hospital tomorrow for my 32 week scan and the anti-d injection so I should see a midwife there, I will talk with her and see what she suggests. I've suffered from depression, anxiety and post traumatic stress for years and mentally, I coped okay-ish throughout the pregnancy but it is starting to go downhill now. I don't want to put any stress onto Aimee because I am stupid enough to freak out over this! :(

You're not stupid hun, it's something you can't control :hug:

Hope you get some answers tomorrow xx

mary70 said:
i dont think they will induce early hun unless there is a medical reason

Thats true they dont book you in for one unless there is a medical reason or your over due

sarah :wave:

Depression and anxiety count as a very valid medical reason. I would talk honestly and openly with your midwife. I am not convinced they will book an induction straight away, she is more likely to offer you some anxiety support first - it would be worth taking her her up on it so that you have some counselling sessions etc to get you through these last few weeks. It may help change how you feel towards labour and going overdue. If it doesn't, you may be referred to a consultant who will probably be willing to induce you - they take anxiety very seriously.

I used to suffer from severe anxiety and I was offered lots of support throughout my pregancy (but I was seeing a psychotherapist privately so never took them up on it).

Good luck sweetie - you are going to be fine :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back