Induction Date .....

The midwife told me to have all my questions with me tomorrow when i'm to go on the machine monitor again,,,, i really dont know what i should be asking,etc :-s

well this would be my list in hindsight:

ask what thier policy is on using the pool room after youre induced (if thats what you wanted)
ask about continuous monitoring - is it neccessary after induction
ask what the risk of you NOT being induced now is
ask how soon they would want to break your waters/ put you on the drip if you werent dilating (the later the better on this one!)
ask about whether having a private room would mean your OH could stay with you. Explain that youre extremely anxious about being away from him, especially if you are contracting. and dont forget, there is absolutely NO WAY he could get there in the night as he is relying on busses (even though I know it isnt true, they dont need to know that!)
Ask exactly how they will induce you, will they use the gel or a pessary? ask what it will involve and how it will make you feel
ask if youre allowed to eat during your labour and if they say no tell them they can **** off and pack yourself a lunchbox! :lol:

cant think of anything else off the top of my head. hope that helps x

I have managed to decifer two things out of what the doctor has wrote in my notes ;

1cm dilated and soft cervix -3

No idea what that means haha

oh thats really good if your cervix is already soft :yay: mine wasnt when they started inducing me :roll: if your cervix is soft it will diate more easily, means your body is getting ready too. :)

That's good. I have no idea what the -3 means though lmao ! All these medical words and numbers, dont know why they dont write things in lamens terms so we can understand lol

I know its like learning a new language. I could be wrong but I think the -3 might have something to do withhow far your babies head is engaged. Its out of 5 so I guess youre about half way already.

Its all good cos the more ready your body is when youre induced the smoother the whole thing will go. My babys head was not engaged at all and my cervix wasnt soft so I have no idea why they bothered at all with me!

When I was given the drip I was 3 cm and my waters had gone (but contractions had stopped) and baby was born in no time.

Well i've wrote down some questions i want to ask tomorrow about it all, so nervous lol, it's only 3 days away, well 2 cos the 3rd day i'm going in lol

You'll be fine and before you know it you'l be posting proud phtos of your gorgeous bab!

Good luck!
xx

When I was given the drip I was 3 cm and my waters had gone (but contractions had stopped) and baby was born in no time.

:yay: sounds like youre in a similar position to this too which bodes very well! Just think this time next week you'll be nursing your very own baby :love: exciting time :)

:yay: sounds like youre in a similar position to this too which bodes very well! Just think this time next week you'll be nursing your very own baby :love: exciting time :)

Yeah and I had a great birth :)

Well that's me back from the hospital, done a urine sample and got put on the ecg machine. Everything fine with heartbeat,etc. Urine came back with +keytones ( no idea what that is) but they didnt mention it to me anyway. I'm to go in on Saturday for 2pm to the ward, I'm getting the pessary, that can be given upto 3 times, if that doesnt work then on Sunday I will be taken down to the labour suite and my waters broken. My partner is allowed to come in with me but he cannot stay all night UNLESS i'm in labour. My mum is my second birthing partner, I asked if she is allowed to come in with us for 2pm on Saturday and they basically said no, but if I go into labour then she will be allowed to stay with us.

I noticed in my notes along with the +ketones in my urine that the baby is now only measuring 33cm, at 39 weeks ... that's even worse than what it was on 28th January, I measured 36cm then. Surely my baby cant be getting smaller ????

I woke up this morning and went to the toilet at the back of 6am and wiped, and there it was ... my "show", hadnt had anymore untill I got home from the hospital and had a little more when I wiped this time again. That's a good sign yeah ??

I told the midwife when I was at the hospital I had it this morning and it was basically "blah" to her lol and she didnt even say anythin apart from ok.

oh your show! thats a good sign! get used to them being really underwhelmed, my waters broke on the ward and i went to tell them and she was like. "oh, do you want a pad?" and carried on doing her work. :roll: i guess they see it all the time though.

wouldnt it be great if you went into labour at home :cheer: i've heard sometimes when the head engages the bump gets smaller cos more of the baby is in your pelvis. also those measurement arent really precise anyway.

does it feel real that youll have your baby in a few days time? bet youre well excited!!

I'm extremely excited but very overwhelmed at how things have went , if that makes any sense ? Very aprehensive about the induction too and being alone waiting to see if labour starts at night as my partner and mum arent allowed to stay with me unless I start to go into labour. I've wrote another post, it's extremely tmi but i really need advice x

hey hun. dont be worried about the induction. i had one and i t was ok. Went in on sunday morning and waited for hours before they moinred my little man and then had a feel around however was already 5cms dilated so went straight to laboutr ward for the drip. TBH the drip doesnt hurt too much going in just a little uncomfortable and BANG contractinos come thick and fast. I remember after about 3.5 hours onthe drip i got re-examined and was only 6 cms and remember thinking christ i can't go 1cm every 3.5 hours thats crap, but then my waters went and within an hour i was at 10cm. The thing with my induction and labour that spoiled it perse was the fact that i wasn't allowed to walk around at all. i was strapped to a bed and from what i can gather about the pain i was having J was back to back with me, cos i felt like i waas about to poo a baby out! ahha!! I did end up with an emergency section however the induction process itself is fine! i think all the advice you've had from everyone else up here is perfect!! Good luck hun xx Oh as i was in full blown loabour when induced phil wa allowed to stay with me hwever on the post natal ward he had to leave at 9 and come back at 9. That was horrible. x

It's the ward i'm going to first of all as far as I know, getting the pessary done and then on the ctg machine for half an hour to monitor baby and the midwife said I would then be mobile. Said my OH will have to go home after visiting if i'm not in labour and come back in the morning, but if anything starts to happen during the night they will phone and my OH and my mother can come in as they are my birthing partners. If the pessary doesnt work on Saturday, they will take me down to labour suite and break my waters as far as i'm lead to believe!

i mean if yo uwere to hit labout properly pvernight,it would be in enough time for your oh to get there, dont worry about that!! the only thing i can say spesh if you know for wsure when your baby is coming is make the most of your sleep. Phil and i knew J was goign to be here on the 3rd and was told to call the ward at 8am and we were there for 9.30. didnt get seen till 3pm as apparently there was plenty of rooms etc blah blah blah i dunno but i wish we had sleot in that morning and not rushed to see our lo....i kow cray. but we hadnt slept at all hardly for a week and got so excited.....

If anythign were to happen they would get your oh and mum in just let them know that they live a certain amount of time away so will need X amount of a heads up!! xx

I've got my induction on the 18th.
I can't wait as I've had enough of pregnancy. SPD has made my life hell. ESP as I've been warned by my consultant this will come bk in future pregnancies (which I have no desire to do).
I have no idea what it will be like but from what I've gathered from the ladies that have explained what happened in their inductions......I say bring it on!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back