in need of fun!!!

cherelle

Reaction score
Im only just over 5 weeks pregnant and already bored - just want baby bump to hurry up, scan and midwife app to hurry up etc etc

Finding it hard to de-stress as obvs no drinking or smoking allowed and i dont like to go out with my friends while theyre drinking and im not as they dont know whats going on :-s

Also frustrated with not really being able to tell anyone until i know all is ok at 12 weeks :-s

.....AND clothes are all too tight around my belly, i look huge!!

Any tips for de-stressing? x

Oh I am soo pleased that someone else is having a wee rant!!! Im strugling wi morning sickness and generally feeling yuck during the day, work at the moment is just sooo not where I want to be. Its hard to go on as "normal" so I'm feeling your pain!!!!

Can you not do a girlie lunch? No need to involve drinkies if you don't want to???

Make your OH treat you to a nice new outfit and take you for a nice meal. Then when your home get a lovely relaxing bubbly bath and let your OH spoil you, that should cheer you up and make you more relaxed hun :) x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say hi cherelle and glad everything is going good! im due AF on the 6th so wish me luck....hopefully join u soon xxx

I know how you feel, i am just over 5 weeks. Ive only told close family but I am desperate to tell everyone. It feels like its going to be ages until I get a scan aswel. My jeans are also getting tight, dont want to go buy new ones for them just to be too tight in another few weeks. Lets hope time goes by fast :) xx

As Preggers suggests, I have started going out for lunch more rather than at night, that way I don't feel odd for not drinking (plus I am in bed by 10.30 these days). And I def agree with m2a, a nice bath is good, then a massage is fab Xx

cherrelle how old r u and how long u been ttc?? just enjoy it dont get fustrated! stop rushing everything u will so regret it, when baby born u will miss bein preggers.
stop worryin about what friends are doin and look after u an baby, take a deep breath an say to urself ur in this for the long haul,,,trust me if sumthin happens between now an 12 weeks u will be furious with urself that u have moaned so much already mostly about not drinkin and partyin?
since i have been on this site 6 weeks 5 lovely ladies have lost there babies they would give anything to be in ur shoes!!
btw i was 21 with my 1st and 24 now and inbetween pregnancy's have partyied all over the world, lived in barca, did a uk 2 usa ralley with bags of celebs, partied with the best of them! so i no angel.but wen u preggers u have to change, and its best if u learn to try an ewnjoy it.x

Hi Cherelle - it is hard isn't it... i don't go out much but i used to love having my glasses of wine in the evening... the only other time i have gone so long without alcohol was when i was pregnant 4 years ago with my little girl!! The night we got home from the hospital we cracked open the bubbly straight away!!!

And you're right.. once you know you're preggers and then there's nothing else to do til 12 week it seems forever eh?!!

I caved in an booked a private scan in the end so i could know everything was ok (that was yesterday and i was 6weeks 3 days) and they managed to find a heartbeat...

If you would normally be spending money on fags and booze why don't you treat yourself to a scan privately - i managed to get one for £45... probably the most u would pay is £95 ... between now and 12 weeks you have 6 weeks so even if you normally spend a minimum of £20 a week on fags/booze that will easily cover the scan price!.... you could book it for when you are 7 or 8 weeks and have something to look forward to in the very near future? (i would try to wait til about 7 or 8 weeks as you would see a bit more on the scan)

Regarding telling people we have simply NOT been able to keep it a secret... a couple of my close friends knew we were trying so they knew as soon as we did and it does help to have a girly friend to chat to... and we made the decision to tell our close family too as we figured if anything bad was to happen they are the very people we would want there to support us and to know why we were upset etc (and i know they would want to be there for us regardless).

what about some baby magazines and books too... i think i have nearly every magazine thats out for this month now!!!

a really funny book is "the best friends guide to pregnancy" by vicky lovine... it will really make you laugh and is a real "say it like it is" book. I have read it over and over again. It is non-fiction but not like a medical book...just a "best friends guide" and covers maternity clothes, what to take to hospital, pain relief, embaressing illnesses etc - it really really makes me laugh every time i read it.

oh well .. hope you find something to keep yourself occupied! but i do agree the first few weeks do seem to take forever!

take care x x x

Last edited:
thanks everyone! Lovely to hear from you shauna... im still popping into ttc every now and again... best of luck and tons of babydust for testing, hope to see your bfp soon!!

Misty... i am 22 (my oh is 32) and we were ttc for 3 months. Dont get me wrong i feel like the luckiest woman in the world to be pregnant and a lot of my frustration is that i cant shout it from the rooftops!! I have to pretend everything is normal until i can tell anyone so i feel like a bit of a recluse not being to act normally but but being able to be openly pregnant either. Im similar to you.... have travelled a lot and partied all over the world and im totally ready to settle now but until 12 weeks it can be quite depressing going through it alone if you know what i mean.

Im off to london for a 2 day conference today so will make a nice change though and get some nice rest in a lovely hotel curtesy of work :) x

thanks treeze :) yeah i have also had my head in a book or magazine constantly... i will deffo try your recommendation! Have you read 'from here to maternity' by mel G (one half of mel and sue) thats also a really funny guide to pregnancy and her hilarious account of hers :)

I am definately going to look into having a private scan - thanks for that. Didnt realise they were so cheap. That would only give me another 2 weeks to wait which i can manage! Im am saving money not going out etc - i didnt think of it that way.

Thanks for all your support ladies!! x

yes love tottaly get u, im 9wks iv known since 3wks and the only people that know are OH,OH mum & my mum, an i only told the mums abut 2weeks ago.its very fustrating, but i only tryin to help letting u know that dont rush or let it drive u mad cuz it goes on for a very long time! also u an OH shud try enjoy having a little secret between u both, it will give u a bond!
b a lady that lunches this will also make u feel a little better about not goin out!

i will let u in on something thou - when i was pregnant with my 1st, and i realy felt left out on a sat nite i think this happened twice in 9 months i gathered up a couple of my girlie mates and went to the local strip club (i know u r now gaspin in shock) the reason for this they are the safest place for a women to be - men are not interested in u cuz they have half naked women to look at!, bouncers are totally on the ball, they are not too busy, u can sit an chat with mates as its not too loud!
honestly i had a couple of brill nites at the strip club an im not a lesbian or anything but really was fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back