In hospital...

kittykitchn

Reaction score
Just a quick update as I've no chance of sleeping.
Called maternity this lunchtime after my weekend of leaking and back/period pain, I've been admitted over night/48 hours and given steroids for little one (so painful!) as they believe it is my waters after all and there's a 50/50 chance of labour beginning over the next few days.

Definitely not in labour yet, and no one knows what the pain is. It took three midwives and a lot of umming over the speculum to say it "probably is" my waters - so I'm still not 100% what's happening really. Baby is head down and apparently low, but fluid still isn't leaking frequently or an awful lot

Last edited:
At least they're finally doing something! Hope things calm down for you soon....baby is well cooked at this stage but hopefully she stays put a bit longer xx

Sorry to hear your stuck in hospital...
Try to keep calm! :) I hope all goes well for you and little one :)

If you have any concerns just make sure you have someone else present to give them a kick up the bum

Lots of hugs

Didn't expect to read this, this morning! Hope everything goes well for you, baby will be well looked after. Xx

I just wish I had more of an answer, really. Not even knowing if it's actually my waters.

The trace is showing lots of tightening, but I don't think I can feel anything over the back ache and belly cramps (however this morning are constant but also coming in quite intense at other points) - and mostly on left hand side oddly?

So glad you called Hun. Try & rest up as much as you can- your in the right place & let us know how things go xxx

Glad they are taking you seriously now and looking into things. Your waters will replenish til 34 weeks anyway if you don't go into labour. They may do a scan to check your fluid levels today though xx

I has leaking in my last pregnancy (although when I went in they said I wasn't) I ended up with Oligohydramnios (very low fluid) they scanned me every week and brought me in for regukar traces them induced me 29+6 although I was almost induced at 35w for another reason. I'm sure everything Will be fine :)

They scanned last night, and there was lots of fluid. I just wonder if it's even my waters... I thought they would have tested it somehow?

It's pretty bloody painful currently, surely must be something going on... But constant pain can't be good

Sorry to read this Kitty, but you're in the right place. I hope your little princess stays put and your pain eases off xx

Waters replenish often and the am fact you have plenty is a good thing. Pain can be all kinds of things, I have BH contractions all day and night, I have pelvic pain and pressure all say because of SPD and I have a constant spasm in my back because of my broken tailbone. I have pain in my right side due to muscle spasms... All
Kinda of things cause pain so try not to worry too much or you'll just make yourself worse they're looking after you so try and relax a little and let them find out what's wrong (if anything!)

I thought there was a test they could do for whether its waters? If there is, I can't understand why SO many women get this "maybe" answer? Maybe I've got it all wrong!

The pain is more difficult I guess because pregnancy has so many related aches and pains, you can easily become convinced it's something sinister when it's not, if that makes sense? I hope you get some more answers today though.

Hope your doing okay kitty and the pain eases for you soon. try and relax keep us posted Xx

I thought there was a test they could do for whether its waters? If there is, I can't understand why SO many women get this "maybe" answer? Maybe I've got it all wrong!

The pain is more difficult I guess because pregnancy has so many related aches and pains, you can easily become convinced it's something sinister when it's not, if that makes sense? I hope you get some more answers today though.

Exactly! I literally thought they'd stick a test strip in and send me home. They were all shaking the speculum with the sample inside wondering what it was, in the end the registrar said she was pretty sure it was waters

I thought they tested it somehow aswell.
Hope they find out what's going on soon x

Aw good luck I hope you get some answers soon and are able to go home xx

Hope everything's ok kitty and the pain eases - you are in the right place though, let them look after you and try not to worry too much. Have hubby on hand to make sure they're treating you right! Hopefully you get some answers soon... that's the crap thing, not knowing what's going on. X

I can't say I love what's going on... Still none the wiser.
Still no confirmation if it's actually my waters, yet they want me to stay in three or four nights in case I go into labour - which is fair enough, BUT... "If" it's my waters and she doesn't make an appearance on her own they want to induce me in a couple of weeks. Surely they have to be 100% sure first?!
I asked whether they can test it and the consultant said she didn't know! I've always disliked this hospital - looking at stats last night and they have a 30% higher chance of birth intervention than other hospitals in the county.

I just had a scan and fluid levels are the same as two weeks ago. In more pain now, but only one side.

It's not to late to switch your care if you , aren't happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back