In hospital...

There is a test they can do for amniotic fluid but it's not always cut & dried - when I went in when my waters had gone with my 2nd LO they tested the pad & said they weren't sure cos there was also discharge - by this stage I was sure though, or else I had serious bladder issues! They tested with a speculum & mw was relatively happy it was my waters. Then when I was checked at 6cm MW said she thought she could feel waters bulging when I had a contraction! Didn't notice any more waters though, although I did have her in the pool so maybe I didn't realise. Perhaps the fore/hind waters thing? Who knows.
I'm glad you're being looked after & taken seriously now though

When I was in labour both times all I had was really bad period pain, the machine didn't even pick anything up so they just kept saying I wasnt having contractions when I knew I was! I also had pain in one side of my back, it was only when they examined me and realised I was 7cm that they believed when I said I was having contractions.

Good luck and your in the best place for if something happens xx

Last edited:
The pain has been dire, been vomiting because of it. Still one side. They're thinking maybe kidney stones? Apparently doesn't sound labour related to them, they don't seem to fussed about the pain really. Staying in again...

Had a scan, there's as much fluid as there was two weeks ago. I doubt its even my waters now. Not too much leaking today, baby seems happy. This pain is just scaring me. I've no idea how I'm going to get through actual labour when this is so painful.

Nipples are leaking like crazy for the first time today

Just saw this, thinking of you. Hope you get answers soon.

Kitty I'm sorry your still in hospital and in pain. When I was in with my back and sciatica they didn't care much either. Several times I buzzed and they just came and turned it off said the doctor was busy and buggered off leaving me in tears and so distressed. I would go through labour any day than the pain I was in at the hospital so don't worry about not coping xx

I was discharged yesterday afternoon. Consultant was happy that even if it was my waters leaking that there is a good amount around baby and there's not much to worry about and to continue the pregnancy as normal. However just received a scan request in the post for Monday, so not sure who requested that or why?

I cannot even begin to tell you how painful my back was - and unfortunately seems to be coming back this morning... still don't know what it was. Going through my notes, every mention of back and bellyache says "mild" and "niggly", even though they saw me vomiting through pain lol
So when the consultant came round and I asked what could be causing it, she told me it was stretching and ligament pain (presumably because all she read was my notes which didn't really explain it at all) - I literally laughed at her.

Yesterday morning was amusing. I had a queue of medical students to look and feel my odd shaped bump and trying to decipher baby's position. The look of bewilderment on their faces was hilarious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back