in a&e for 3 hours

Sandie

Reaction score
:(

last night while going up my stairs i got to about the 3rd/4th one when for some reason i fell - to protect my bump i stuck my arms out when there was an almighty crack :eek: boab who was in the living room with his xbox blaring heard it and came running through to find me on the stairs with a very limp wrist. pulled my wedding and engagement ring off as i could see my arm start to swell and off to a and e we went. everything is fine with baby but i would appear to have broken a bone in my wrist :'( got one of those temporary casts on just now. i have the fracture clinic this afternoon.

i am so accidentprone!

sorry for the poor grammer my arm is still in a sling so im one handed at moment

You poor thing :hug: :hug: Amazing how we automatically protect our bumps tho isn't it!

xx

i was so scared about getting an xray but the doctor and radiographer reassured me i'd be fine. i had to put one of those very heavy vest things on that covered my bump.

I'm sure they are right than the x-ray would be fine for baby. I broke my wrist years ago and it healed fine. Make sure you rest it for long enough and get it nice and strong before baby arrives.

this is the second time i have broken this bone on the same arm!! :wall:

Oh no Sandie what a nightmare!! Ive broken my wrist before, can be very painful, hope it heals soon and hopefully you wont have anymore knocks!!! :hug:

Wow arnt u brave, if i broke my wrist (touch wood) i would av been screaming lol.
So glad baby is fine, u must have been so worried.
My 3 yr old almost fell down the stairs yesterday, we up in her bedroom she wanted something dwnstairs so she went i sed something to her and she turned around, lost her balance luckily she grabbed onto the banister for her life while i dropped the playstation to grab her before she slipped. Im very lucky she grabbed on, instincts just took over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back