implantation bleeding?

pixie17

Reaction score
hi ladies

yesterday i did a pregnancy test and it was positive :lol:, making me 4 and a half weeks pregnant. However i then started to have a brown/pink discharge. its not heavy at all...more like what its like right at the end of my period (sorry if tmi). reading online i have come across 'implantation bleeding' and it sounds as though this is what it is but im no expert! i didnt have this when i was pregnant with my son. i also had a miscarriage at 5 weeks in February so im a bit caucious, but the bleeding was heavy right at the start and bright red. can anyone share their experiences who have had this sort of discharge?

Hey Pixie, that sounds stressful. I've had three episodes of spotting during this pregnancy but still all ok. At about 6 weeks I had browny spotting foe 10 days then I've had a couple of spots of pinky blood too at later dates. It's quite common. In general a light spotting of browny discharge is usually ok but it might not be. There are loads of ladies on here who have had spotting or bleeding and been fine but occasionally one isn't. You might need to contact your doctor and get two blood tests to see if your hcg is rising or they might just tell you to wait and see :-( Got my fingers crossed for you x.

I had an implantation bleed 10 days after I ovulated, which was brown discharge. I thought that was the end of it, but then at 5 weeks my discharge changed to toffee colour and at 6 weeks it was dark brown with a few clots. Eventually it stopped, but as I was concerned my doctor booked me in for a 7 week scan. My bleeding stopped about 4 days before my scan. All was well and I haven't had any bleeding since.
It is extremely stressful, but lots of women experience it. If you are worried see your GP and they should be able to arrange an early scan for you. Good luck x

i bleed a ;little with my daughter had few scans but all is ok now x x

thanks all. its hard doing the waiting game. im going to do another pregnancy test tomorrow and see what the result is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back