Implantation Bleeding or Not?

DebbieM

Reaction score
Is implantation bleeding the same as a period? As in, is it easy to mistake for a period?

Not...really... I don't think so. I keep reading on the internet that Implantation bleeding is actually not that normal... but it does seem to happen quite alot on this forum. It's usually a light pink or brown discharge and it is usually just spotty for a day or two...and usually only when you wipe. (not heavy enough for a pad or tampon)... That's what I've read/heard.

Hope this helps!

I had implatation bleeding with Jordan (i thought it was AF tho) it was like a brown discharge and was only there when i wiped

It can be mistaken for your AF but normally comes 8 - 10 days past ovulation. Where as your af will arrive 14 - 16 days after.

I'm currently 9 days after ovulation. It's kind of doing my head in not knowing. tests are still showing negative. I reckon it is going to be AF. :evil:

:shock: Sounds like it could be implantation bleeding but it isn't untill implantation that the pregnancy hormone kicks in which would account for negative test results. Try to wait a few more days and test again. Very good luck to you!!

Thanks Becs. I am trying not to set myself up for a fall. It's way too soon for me to be getting my hopes up as this is our first month TTC. It's just that AF is NEVER early for me and the bleeding started a week before AF is due and 9 days after TTC for the first time so it's got me carried away a bit with thinking! :oops:

I'll still keep my fingers crossed though! :D

Well I've seen it happen for first monthers before. I'm all behind you, but if it's not this month then, your in good company.

xx

Happened to me...last month i had tiny bit of spotting, convinced it was implantation bleeding as i am so regular...but after 4 days of spotting...AF arrrived day she was due...witch. So back to the drawing board this month. But remember, this was me....u may be different!! keep us posted!!! :)

Oh, that's a shame :(

I will keep you informed. I think it will be AF. I really do. :(

AnnaR2B said:
Happened to me...last month i had tiny bit of spotting, convinced it was implantation bleeding as i am so regular...but after 4 days of spotting...AF arrrived day she was due...witch. So back to the drawing board this month. But remember, this was me....u may be different!! keep us posted!!! :)

Same happened to me last week. Was really beginning to think it was my month but it wasn't :roll: .

I really hope it IB for you hun.....good luck :pray:

I'm feeling really fed up and miserable today :cry:

I'm still having this 'bleeding' which is nowhere near anything like a period. It's still brown and doesn't require me wearing any kind of protection at all.

I've been feeling really tired and my boobs are sore but I don't know if I am just stressing myself out.

I did a very sensitive PG test this morning (not with FMU though as I couldn't wait til the postman delivered it before I pee'd LOL) - the others I have done have been 25mlU and this one was 10mlU but still... negative. :cry:

Could it still be too early to detect anything?

When the bleeding started (24/06/07) I was around 7-8 DPO and had TTC on 15/06/07, 16/06/07 and 19/06/07.

AF is due 01/07/07 so I guess I should just wait and see, however, it's often a few days late anyway so it means waiting and waiting and waiting...

It's prob to early hun. Wait a few more days then test again. Or maybe even try and hold out till next week if you can :hug:

I'm REALLY going to try to hold off until either AF arrives or I'm a couple of days late. This isn't doing my mood any good lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back