Im sooo ready

titch

Reaction score
Im just about ready to finish work and have this baby now. Unfortunately Ive got 5 weeks left at work :( Im seriously not coping at all. It doesnt help that OHs car is in the garage so we've only got 1 car between us. Means I have to drive him to work then drive to my work, which is over an hours journey once Ive got round town every morning. Then I have to go and pick him up at half 5. Another hour round trip. :roll:

Im so useless my collegues are getting seriously worried about me. They were trying to get me to ask my boss to reduce my workload today, but thats never gonna happen, Id just be told if I cant do my job I should be on mat leave already...they may well be right too, but I cant afford it. :wall2:

Theyre being fab, really all trying to help me out as much as possible, love my team :)

Does anyone know how long you can take off 'sick' before mat leave automaticaly kicks in? I really hate myself for it, but I think Im gonna have to start working the system a bit. :oooo:

I'm not sure about this Tiny but Im certain someone will have some idea :hug: I'm finding it difficult at times running around with Rosie and doing house stuff and things for work so I can only imagine its 100 times worse for you :hug:

i simply cannot believe your in 3rd tri like, its flown over chick xx

Oh and to answer your question, i was on the sick from 16 weeks with Jacob and they didn't make me take mat leave. I took it from 29 weeks xx

i simply cannot believe your in 3rd tri like, its flown over chick xx

Tell me about it...its gone so quick! Cant believe Lucas is 1 month old already...how did that happen?!

I have no idea lol He is getting so big! xx

Can't answer you question hun but agree with you working the system babe should come first x

woah toon, lucas is a month old?!?!?! when did that happen?? lmao. it really has flown!

my OH's cousin takes time off sick all the time and it doesn't go out of her maternity leave so i'm sure you'll be fine, just go to your doctor and tell them how stressful work is at this time and they will give you a sick note for stress, usually only for about 2 weeks but i think you can get them over and over if you needed. simple as that! just depends if your doctor was like my old one and NEVER gave me anything no matter how much i complained! lol

good luck, i know how stressful work can be, and i've never had a good job like yours!!! xx

Im back from work. I knew I wasnt coping!! I nearly fainted and then I was sick in the office toilet...smooth. It isnt very sound proof and there was a physio tallking to one of the parents and their child in the corridoor outside! Sorry if this is TMI but I just couldnt stop and totally emptied my stomach. My collegue who had just been saying I didnt look well and should have called in sick was like :shock: Okay, Im driving you home. :wall2: I feel like such a failure.

running around with Rosie and doing house stuff and things for work

:shock: I havent a clue how you do it! Especially when Rosie doesnt seem to sleep!

You just do, I dont know how. I've been putting Rosie to bed an hour later this week and she has been sleeping until 7.30am! I feel like a new woman! Your body just seems to go into overdrive, I know that with this baby it will be easier because waking up in the night is no longer that awful thing - it used to be so lonely in the middle of the night!

Rosies mummy it sounds to me like you're a superstar, managing everything.

Tiny it depends on your work policy, but if you've not been on the sick in the last 12 mths, as you work for nhs i would imagine you would be paid full pay until your due to start mat pay you just need a sick note from your doctor and I can't imagine with what happened today that would be difficult to get. Hope you're putting your feet up and resting, feel better soon chick xx

Hi Tiny,

Like Katiejane says it really does depend on your company policy although i'm sure i read somewhere that if you take any sick leave in the 4 weeks prior to EDD they can automatically start your maternity leave but if you took sick before them 4 weeks if would be ordinary sick leave to which you wouldnt be disaplined for as long as it is pregnancy related.

I'm ready to stop working and im way behind you!! im planning on starting leave at 32 weeks and i've already had time off sick!! You have to look after yourself and the LO :)

ah I thought Id heard something like that too. I think Ill ring my midwife this afternoon and chat about it.

Did you give her a ring and ask? You have to do something hun, cant go on like that :hug::hug:

I didnt speak to the midwife but Ive shifted around my annual leave so Ill only be doing 2 day weeks after next week. Hopefully that should really help. Got up to date with all my admin yesterday as well so hopefully things should run smoothly over the next month to get me through to the end. :) Im still shattered today, thought I was alright and drove OH to work, took laundry off the line, put another load out and sorted a new load in the machine. Im pooped! Ive decided its time for some PF catchup :)

Is anyone else still at work into 30 weeks onwards?

i was in work til 33/34 weeks, then took a holiday for a month and technically started maternity 37/38 weeks. but my with my job i worked from home so if i was tired i could just get comfy somewhere.. i used to fall asleep on some of my shifts though so had to change my hours round a bit!!!! lol.

i'm glad to hear you'll be getting a bit more rest soon :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back