Im so upset

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
I just drove past Josh's school and they were all playing in the playground and Josh was just standing on his own while everybody else was in little groups having fun. I felt my heart sink when I saw him.

I keep crying now cos I feel so bad for him. Im probably just being stupid but it broke my heart :cry: :cry: :cry:

Aw hun :hug:

I know what a worry things like this can be. I agree maybe his friend was still eating lunch or had gone to the toilet :)
Last year Mason and his friend could never find each other and it upset them, we had to tell them to meet at the door to the dinner hall so they knew where each other would be LOL
Also, at Mason's school they have a special bench they can go and sit on if they have no-one to play with or need to talk to someone, and other kids are called "peers" and they go and take care of them. :) Maybe you could suggest something like that I think they are a fab idea :D

Urchin said:
Aw hun :hug:

I know what a worry things like this can be. I agree maybe his friend was still eating lunch or had gone to the toilet :)
Last year Mason and his friend could never find each other and it upset them, we had to tell them to meet at the door to the dinner hall so they knew where each other would be LOL
Also, at Mason's school they have a special bench they can go and sit on if they have no-one to play with or need to talk to someone, and other kids are called "peers" and they go and take care of them. :) Maybe you could suggest something like that I think they are a fab idea :D

Yeah they have like a meeting point where they can stand if they want somebody to play with but Im not sure if he uses it :lol:

Maybe I just caught him at the wrong time, I know he has friends cos he went to nursery with them all. I might have a quick word with his teacher and ask how he's doing cos he never really tells me about his day.

I bet the others are right, I bet he was waiting for a friend. My daughter is 7 now but when she went into reception she never used to play with people at play time, it broke my heart, I wanted to go and take her away at breaks!! The school had a similar set up to Masons school, they had buddys, older kids who would initiate games for younger kids who were playing alone. She now has loads of friends and is never alone at play time. If you are worried have a quiet word with the teacher or class room assistant, try not to let Josh hear as it can become an issue!
You probably just drove passed at the wrong point :hug:

I'm sure he'll be fine.

I worry sometimes about Mason cos he always plays with the girls!
His best friend is Chelsea he has known since he was a baby cos I'm friends with her mom :lol:
I always try and get him to play more with the boys but he's not into football and rough pushing games like the boys all seem to play.
Everytime I go past the school I see his big mop of blond hair running around in a group of girls LOL

Urchin said:
I'm sure he'll be fine.

I worry sometimes about Mason cos he always plays with the girls!
His best friend is Chelsea he has known since he was a baby cos I'm friends with her mom :lol:
I always try and get him to play more with the boys but he's not into football and rough pushing games like the boys all seem to play.
Everytime I go past the school I see his big mop of blond hair running around in a group of girls LOL

Bless him! :lol:

Josh came home the other day and told me he has a new girlfriend, he said he likes her cos they laugh at the same things. It was so sweet lol :D

It upsets me too.... I've driven past Tia's school and seen her on her own... What upset me more was 3 years ago her teacher said that it worried him because she was always on her own playing and she was such a sweet child, but she couldn't communicate well because of her speech problems so the other kids ignored her...

Now things are better...but Tia only has a handful of friends... If one or two are away on holiday or sick, then she ends up on her own again...although as she's much older now, she is a lot more intergrated with other kids...

You'll find it gets better as Josh gets older, you might find out that his friend who he ALWAYS plays with is sick today and not in school, or maybe he had gone to the toilet and Josh was just waiting for him to come back?... Ask him when he comes home... He'll probably shrug it off... But if it is upsetting him he will mention it. Just a simple question, like who do you play with at break time? What did you play, who was it with etc...

:hug: :hug: :hug: Big hugs though... I hated school so it just makes me want to cry thinking that Tia is all alone and has no friends, but once they go to school you find they get their own little life underway and you only saw a few seconds of that life.

Urchin said:

Good man :dance:

Kirsty don't be sad, I know I would be too, but I'm sure he's fine. Maybe ask him what he gets up to at playtimes, you may have just caught him at a bad moment like the others have said. aww :hug: failing that I'm sure his teacher would let you know if he was ok if you asked.

aww hunni :hug: :hug:
i bet hes the mosr popular boy in the school :)

I picked him up a little while ago and casually asked him what he'd been doing at playtime. He said he was playing with everyone. Thats all he ever says.

I think he doesnt want to tell me that he had nobody to play with :?

Not necessarily :hug:

maybe they were playing hide and seek and he was the "seeker"

I'm sure he'd tell you if he was unhappy.

Maybe drive past again
n see
n then bring it up with teachers etc?

Becksss said:
Maybe drive past again
n see
n then bring it up with teachers etc?

Yeah I was gonna do that tomorrow.

I'll either see him playing with his friends and realise how daft I was being.

I'll see him on his own again and get upset.

Or I'll get strange looks for driving slowly past a kids playground :lol:

I'd stop for a few minutes if you are going again. :)

:oops: :oops: :oops: When I worked for a company driving over here, if I ever passed my daughter's school and it was playtime, as long as I didn't have clients in the car, I would stop and watch her play for as long as I could...

So you wouldn't be the first mum to do that... Go see him one day, watch what he is doing with other kids, and if he is on his own all the time, then mention it to the teachers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back