I'm so frightened

gracie

Reaction score
Hi

Not posted for a long while but i view a lot.

Just to give you my history i've PCOS had an ectopic and right tube removed 2 years ago. This was my 5th month of clomid and i've finally had a positive pregnancy test.

I'm excited and petrified all at the same time.

The told me to go straight back to the hospital as soon as i get a positive but my GP was on holiday and as i work in another hospital i've arranged to see them tomorrow. All i really want is to have my blood HCG levels done tomorrow and again on wednesday to see if everything looks ok but they have said to come with a full bladder so i presume they plan to scan me. The problem is i'll only be 5 weeks 2 days so whats the point is there anything to see then.

I'm not sure if i fancy having a scan only to seen nothing and be told they will re-sacn in two weeks like they did last time. I think i'm just frightened that they will see another ectopic.

I can't decide if i can feel small niggly pains on the left side or whether its in my imagination.

I think i'm going mad with worry.

Thanks for reading and sorry its so long.

Hi there,

Haven't looked into this topic area for a while, but didn't want to read & run. How did your scan go - is everything ok?

:hug:

I dont know why they told you to come with a full bladder, at 5 weeks gennerally nothing can be seen from the normal scan.

They should give you an internal scan, this is what I had at 5wks 3 days, all there was was a sack... back two weeks later, and there was a lil bean with a heartbeat and everything...

They can tell you if the sack looks normal and healthy, if it does, there should be no problem - fingers tightly crossed for you...

hi

Thank you both for replying.

Well like you said HertsMummy there was only a sac there but we didn't expect any more really. I had my HCG levels done and they were 5039 which is about right for my dates. They repeated them on Wed and it was 9828 so as that practically doubled they are happy and i am relieved.

They are going to re-scan me next thurs so thank you for keeping your fingers crossed for me.

Thanks again (i'll feel braver looking in the first tri section hopefully soon).

Hi there,

Glad everything is looking good for you at this stage. Must be a huge relief for you.

Best wishes to you & bean :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back