• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm shaking like a leaf

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
Evie fell asleep on the bed this morning so I left her there when I was sterilising bottles- our bed room is right next to the kitchen so I knew I could here here if she even whinged a little bit.

5 minutes later (I lierally washed 3 bottles and put them in the steriliser) I went back to get her and she wasn't there :shock: there was a little lump under the duvet- she had wiggled halfway down the bed under the duvet and was curled up like a little hedgehog still asleep.

I went mad- I have never moved so fast in my life. :cry: I'm still shanking like a leaf. I can't believe I would be so stupid. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Oh dont beat yourself up about it, she was and is fine.

:hug:

Its horrible and all the what ifs go through your head. You really do have to think to yourself "she's fine and I know not to do that again".

I have so many - my latest one is finding Seren at the sink washing up - and there was a sharp knife in the bowl. She was fine but I tortured myself last night with thoughts of her cutting herslef or stabbing herself. When she was a littly I fell asleep next to her in bed only to suddenly wake as she had a pillow over her face as she had wiggled up. Kids are so resiliant, its us mums that get all the stress and worry. :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: dont feel bad, its surprising how much they can wriggle. i left james lying on the bed when he was 6 months old and he rolled off and ended up with a huge egg on his forehead. i always thought the bed was a safe place before that.

:hug: :hug: :hug: The other day I put Lily in the middle of our poof in the lounge and its what about 2ft tall. I put her in the middle as she cant roll atm I only stood up to get the changing bag and she managed to roll for the fist time back to front right off and on to the floor! :shock: She let out a cry as I picked her up and laughed I however didnt see the funny side :shakehead: :rotfl:

:hug: Aw Jade, its not that bad, she was fine! I have had Clark sitting on the sofa before and me sitting on the floor in front of him when the door went, I went running to the window to see who it was and Clark decided to launch himself onto the floor and start bawling! I felt sooooooooooooo guilty but he wasn't hurt, and we have many more of these scary moments to come!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:
my boyf turned his back on melissa for one minute when she was about 6 months old and she'd crawled off the edge of the bed and hit the floor flat on her face :(
those moments are scarey but u learn from them to be even more extra careful than u already are, and grateful that ur not one of the unlucky few who get more than a fright :(
so glad she's ok! hope u are now too :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back