Im scared....wife in early labour

mark

Reaction score
Has anyone been in a situation of a very early baby, my wife has gone in to labour and shes only 24 weeks, she is 3cms dilated and that was at 5.30pm now shes on her way to leeds hospital cos grimsby are so crap..

Im poohing myself cos i want to be with her but my kids need me also, her mum is with her but im scared in case something does happen and the baby is born and it doesnt survive..

What can i do to take my mind off it, please god help me.. i have never cried so much!

bless u hun, i dont think there is anything you can do to take your mind of it hun, but scbu teams r fantastic and i am sure they will do all they can when your lo arrives, just keep thinking positive and i am sure things will be fine hun :hug:

ta mary, it was scary when bradley was born at 32 weeks, if bailey is born its going to be soooo flaming tough i dont think i could handle it never mind fiona and he will be away from us all that time, theres no way we can afford to keep going up there, unless she stays there then she will miss the kids and she will be miserable. i am supposed to support her at a time in need and i cant

hunny - don't worry
it will all work out - stay positive.

Next time I am up your way (all my OH's family live in Grimsby so we're there alot!) I will help out in any way I can.

(Have PM'd you)

Please stay strong.

i am sure you r supporting her hun , i was talking to her the other night on msn and i know that this was her worst nightmare but we do find ways of getting through even the toughest times and i know you will both get through this to hun :hug:

Hi i just thought id add that a friend of mine had her baby at 23 weeks (we are from immingham) her baby was in special care at grimsby and she is now a healthy happy 3 year old! She has a bit of trouble with her hearing and her eye sight but apart from that she is fine!

They can do a lot now she is in the best place
Hope it turns out ok and that both fiona and bailey are ok

i can offer no adivse onhow to deel with this situation but if its any help im thinking of you all. I hope all ends well. :hug:

hey hun hope your wife is ok, surely if they knew your predicament with travel etc then once the baby was stable then they could move the baby over to grimsby ... i had my baby there and they do have excellent facilities, the whole building is dedicated to early pregnancy, scan rooms, individual labour rooms with en suites and birthing pool rooms, then they have above that the childrens ward etc, with the scbu, i had to take my son onto the ward when he was 8 weeks old because he was ill and the facilities for both babies/children and parents are fantastic, i would say you would be in fantastic hands at grimsby.
I hope it doesnt come to that as they may still be able to stop labour. fingers crossed anyway

iv not been in ur postition but my mum had my sister at 28 weeks that was 17 yrs ago and she is a happy annoying 17 yr old now

hope both fiona and Bailey are ok

agree about Grimsby though - plus my MIL is a cleaner on the maternity ward...

Yes i had both babies at grimsby, was offered good facilities both times but it was better when i had Olivia that new hospital is much nicer!

thank you everyone, grimsby isnt all that bad, but they only have 4 intensive care beds and dont tend to deal with any babies who are born under 28 weeks there, they seem to ship them out then bring them back when they are stronger..

Update at 8 from what i got..

(fiona's mum called ), they got her on drugs on the way to leeds, she arrived at leeds about 7.30, so they didnt waste no time really, fiona has settled and roz has been shown around the intensive care and was told a 26 weeker was born on wednesday and that baby is doing ok, so gives us hope doesnt it..
Anyway now we have to wait and see if this medicein works or not, im so hoping it does cos i dont want bailey born just yet, too early.. hes only just viable isnt he, im going to be contacted again around 10pm hopefuly it will be good news...

Hiya Mark

Try not to worry if he is wanting to be out now he's oviousley a fighter

my boy was born at 28 weeks weighing 2lb12 and he is now 22 weeks and is absoltely fine. hell of a shock at the time but the little bugger decided it was time, i seen a few babies in SCBU that were a lot smaller than him i think Harry was 1lb14 and he is 16months now and a right boy you would never of thought he was early just younger because he is oviousley smaller than others his age.

If you need any advice or just someone to sob at (i did my poor friend) give me a shout

Heather :hug:

just wanted to send my love and hugs, everyones experiences sound promising, so try not to worry too much, thinking of you :hug:

thanks everyone, still no news and was expecting a call at 10pm, cos no call im more worried than i was earlier.. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back