im sad and worried

mrsbrickelltobe

Reaction score
:cry:

to cut a long story short, ive been picked on and bullied by my manager for the last two years. when i found out i was pregnant i was scared to tell him in case he started llooking for reasons to sack me. everyone told me not to be so daft.....yeah well.....

manager left last month :cheer: and moved to australia, BUT before he left he left a catalogue of lies against me, accusing me of all sorts, i recieved a letter today saying i have to go to a investigatory interview monday and to take solicitor/union official, they are investigating my unproffessional behaviour during 2006. i cannot believe it, im the hardest worker there and he has hated me all along.

im so worried ive cried all day, ive just tied myself in to hefty mortgage, and my wedding is booked fr 01st august. what will i do if i lose my job, im worried sick.

my ex manager has asked me to do unappropriate things from day one and as ive stood upto him he came down on me like a ton of bricks. (on one occasion he asked me to place a sex offender in a b&b where there were 8 children, i told him morally i wouldnt do it but id look for alternative accommodation as the guy had just left prison, he told me to do it now and remain silent about it or as he said and i quote "ill make life very difficult for you" ) my oh said to report it but as i was preg i didnt want to rock the boat.

ive read his allegations theyr all fabricated and lies, but its my word against his, i cannot believe how corrupt he is and i havent got a leg to satnd on. Feel like i cant take any more and im going to be jobless and homeless :cry:

Aw just wanted to give you a :hug: :hug: :hug: this man sounds terrible and its only a good thing he has gone.

Do you have any colleagues that can back you up. I dont really no much about this sort of thing but there are laws in place to protect employees from things like this happening. Im sure it will all be sorted out and the truth will surface and now this man has gone things should improve for you.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Im sure theres ladies on the forum that have a good knowledge of employment law that can help you out. Maybe ask in the working section.

thanks bloom, i didnt think to write it there.
im phoning the union for backing now. i cant see how they can deal with it now hes left???
thanks anyway x

i'm not v clued up in these situations but your union rep i'm sure will be able to reassure you?

you poor thing - the last thing you need! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww thats awful.. :hug: :hug:

speak to your union rep hun.. i'm sure they'll be able to do something. write down as much as possible about this boss of yours.. dates and things he said if you can remember.

i'm sure you'll be ok :hug: :hug:

SCUM BAG....!!!

My ex boss was very much the same... but he got his cummupence in the end.. I lost my job too.. because I was pregnant, but its funny how life twists... because three weeks after he found out his wife was pregnant again, and he had just got himself involved in a heafty mortgage for a bar, he lost his job too... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Sorry but he deserved it.

:hug: :hug: :hug: Just make sure you stand up for yourself... contest the lies... It might be his word against your's but if these lies were really true.... wouldn't your boss have said something BEFORE he left... leaving a load of lies then leaving sounds to me that he is trying to screw you over without having to face the consequences... I think you should point that out.. otherwise he would be there to defend his lies..

yes exactly. also if these things were true, wouldnt i have been disciplined there and then? ive had no oral/written warnings etc, its like he didnt want to back anything up.

fingers crossed im waiting for union...

you are entitled to see all documents before this hearing too and defer it until you can get legal advice (should be free) they also need a lot of evidence to do anything. Without seeing your co policy I can't advise more. I see this all the time in the huge firm I work for and most of it gets ignored
don't sweat hun :hug:

Get your union behind you, you need some support right now.

Write down times and dates (if you can remember) of any incidents that happened between you and your ex-boss before you go to the meeting, it will be easier to have it in front of you.

You are right, these incidents should have been raised at the time, not 6-12 months later. You should recieve oral and written warnings IF things were really that bad, except in cases of gross misconduct. I would think your company are probably just going through the motions if a complaint has been made about you. I suggest you turn the tables and tell them you feel bullied and misinformed about the whole situation, that you have not been consulted along the way or your feelings considered. Most companies will have mild palpitations if they hear the words bullying and if the union are involved (thats why its important to have all these things in front of you, even if they are 'he said, I said...')

I have had similar in the last few weeks with my company refusing flexible working, even tried to tell me I couldn't appeal the situation! :x anyway, I got the union involved and went along the lines suggested above and guess what, I start back part time in Jan :wink:

Good luck :D

p.s Monday is a bit last minute, if you can't get a union official to attend with you, you are fully entitled to move the meeting to a time you can get one to come with you.

Oh, and start taking notes as of now of ANY phonecalls or conversations regarding this, including any requests you make and how they are dealt with :hug:

08457 47 47 47 Monday - Friday 08:00 - 18:00

This is the ACAS helpline number - they will give free advice - if you are a member of a union speak to your union rep straight away.

Are they little minor things that you are supposed to have done? Or would they constitute Gross Misconduct? They should have outlined them in a letter for you. To be honest when I was a HR manager I would have questioned why it had taken so long to bring these issues up and unless a case of gross misconduct we would not have wasted any time on it.

Your union is the best to sort it for you - but good luck and give ACAS a ring they are really good in times like this... x x x :hug: :hug: :hug:

can't offer any advice but good luck with the meeting :hug:

Hopefully they will realise something fishy is going on :hug:

they cant really do bigger all.
to make any claim against you they need proof and if anything were to come of it then its constructive dismissal if you left or unfair dismissal if you got asked to leave.
Pregnancy and Maternity is a main reason for unfair dismissal. and they cant go back on what happenned a while ago as its all past not current.
Dont let it worry you. How long have you worked there for? if its over 2 years then you will be fine.
Can ou tell i just sat a 3 hour law exam for my accountancy studies?! :)

But chin up, youve done nothing wrong. bloody bullies. :hug:

havent got any advice but good luck at the meetin, hope it goes well :hug: :hug: :hug:
xx

thanks! still waiting for union rep to come back to me,

its very interesting how theyve found these things when i become permanent on 5th jan, (ive been there two years 5th jan, its like they are trying to get rid of me before then)

dont think a rep can make it to attend mon so ill have to postphone it, also im going to ask for documents now i know i camn, its not gros misconduct, it says

unprofessional behaviour august 2006(!!!!)

and inappropriate use of email (i know this is an email i sent to two colleagues asking if theyd back me against something my manager was bullying me about, manager was peed that i emailed staff to go against him!!)

doesn't sound like they've got a lot against you hon. even if you did ask colleagues to back you on bullying claims, i know that my contract doesn't forbid me from sending emails like that.

it may just be that they're having to cover their backs and go through formalities after your a**ehole manager's parting shots.

i really would try not to worry too much though. hopefully the documents will put your mind at ease a bit as well xxxxx

:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back