I'm sacking my childminder!

Toonlass

Reaction score
Jacob has only been going to his minder since the 4th January. She has rang in sick twice and rang me out of work three times when there has been nothing wrong with the bairn at all!! Well today i get a phone call two hours after dropping him off saying she is ill and can i go and get him........i'm bloody foaming!! He only had one week left with her as i'm on mat leave starting 1st April (i'm on hols at the minute) but he was still going to going one day a week and i was going to have to pay a £20 retainer fee for Lucas to start in january, well stuff that, she is far to unreliable.

I really am bloody foaming mad like :mad: xx

I bet you are hun, whats the point of havin a childminder who u cant rely on at all.

xx

Argh, not good :(

I'm lucky my childminder is also little man's big sister! So I know she's ill when she says she is and not just pulling a sickie :lol:
I've been called once since Aug 09 and that was when AJ was sick all over the car :puke:

see thats what i need, a good reliable minder that doesn't bother me at work all the time. She once rang me coz he had a spot on his hand, its was a midgy bite FFS but she convinced herself it was chocken pox :shock:

She is a lovely lady and Jacob loves her to bits, she's in our street and reasonably priced but i just can't have her calling me everytime he so much as sneezes or she feels off colour xx

She sounds like a nightmare, you need someone that is far more reliable then that xxx

Thats a nightmare! Bloody woman. The girls are right - there are people far more reliable than that out there. I hope you find a replacement soonx x

she sounds like a nightmare. I couldnt justify giving someone like that my money xxx

nightmare!! When my mum was a childminder she used to go pick the kids up from school if they called when the child was sick, she'd look after them and put them to bed on the sofa and give em calpol til their parents finished work. I thought that would be one of the perks of using a chidminder!! Good grief! And you'd have to be pretty ill not to be able to have the kids too. eugh. Some people!

see thats what i need, a good reliable minder that doesn't bother me at work all the time. She once rang me coz he had a spot on his hand, its was a midgy bite FFS but she convinced herself it was chocken pox :shock:

She is a lovely lady and Jacob loves her to bits, she's in our street and reasonably priced but i just can't have her calling me everytime he so much as sneezes or she feels off colour xx

OMG, I'm suprised you lasted that long with her if she was calling over a spot!

Do you need a new childminder? Do you have one in mind? OH's DD may have some reccomendations. Depending where in the Toon you are!

Sadly i don't actually live in the Toon anymore although i still have an NE post code. I live in Washington now which is, dare i say it......part of sunderland council now *shudder* :) xx

Urgh that would drive me insane! I'm surprised you've lasted this long being called out of work all the time too x

the reason i stuck with her is because Jacob loves her. He's not a very sociable baby and has a hard time adjusting to new situations and people. I had a word with her today, i was sympathectic about her being ill as she did look like shit but i have asked her for reassurance that she will become more reliable. I told her i realise that looking after other peoples children is a huge responsability and that i guess its natural to be cautious when it comes the health of the youngsters but when i return to work in January i don't want to be bothered unless he is running a fever, vomiting, or has dhiorreah or has injured himself.

Once she got me out of work because he had been crying for almost an hour and she couldn't settle him....WTF!!! I pay her enough to deal with it. Once i got him home he played with his toys all day and never made another peep, there was sod all wrong with him xx

Oh god, she sounds awful.. More work for you, no excuses for the calls to work and days off sick etc.. Nightmare x

What's the point in having a child-minder who doesn't mind your child?!?!?!
You've done the right thing, sacking her.
Hope you and Jacob find a new one soon x

OMG I hate sicknote types! I take it she has no kids of her own , or she would underatsnd how hard it is to hold down a job and find a good and reliable childminder !

I had my childminder leave a room fan ontop of a fireguard in the summer when I was at work with my first child
He was 8 months old and pulled the power cord on the fan and the fan hit him on the head!
I left work soon after that.

Hope you find a good one real soon x

Last edited:
:shock: good grief!! Hope that childminder got investigated pretty quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back