I'm probably getting my hopes up...

moss

Reaction score
I am a temp working as a PA and my manager is SO nice and understanding about my being pregnant and having a lot of appointments and classes. I feel very lucky. She trained as a midwife and was a neonatal nurse for years before she started this job, so I guess that's part of the reason she is that way.

Okay so lately I have been worried about working until week 38(ish) because I have been having a lot of back and pelvis problems, but I haven't told my manager because I really need to work until then to qualify for maternity allowance. Today she asked me when I think I will be finishing up and when I told her she said "That's still a long time," and looked at me as if she felt bad. When I told her the date I explained that I have to work until then to get maternity pay. She then said something like "We'll speak to Mary (HR manager) and see what we can do." My maternity pay is through the agency, but I kind of took this to mean they might keep me on their books but let me not come in. I'm probably dreaming, but here's hoping! :D

awww thatd be great for you if they did that!!

hopefully they do eh :pray:

ur boss sounds really lovely, ur so lucky!

mine are pants :moon:

let us know how u get on!!xxx

That sounds promising, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. You might be able to join the PJ crew sooner than you thought :cheer:

Alex xxx

ASD123456 said:
You might be able to join the PJ crew sooner than you thought :cheer:

I hope so! But I need more PJs! I only have one decent set right now. The others have holes in the bum!

that would be fantastic if you could do that!!!!
she sounds really understanding your boss!!!

I hope they can sort something out for you hun. Sounds promising.
I nearly worked until 38 weeks but changed my mind an did until 35 instead.
I think in reality I would've been ok working til 36 or 37 but by 38 I was really tired and it would've been a bad idea. :D

That would be so nice of them, fingers crossed

I really do hope that your boss can sort this out for you :pray:

Aww fingers crossed Moss, that would be great if they could do that. I know with my aches and pains, i am soo pleased that I leave on Friday.

Oooh sounds promising Moss!! :pray:

One thing I found when I used to say "looks like I'll be working up until 8 days before I'm due" was that I really had ZERO idea what it was like to be heavily pregnant :rotfl:

I really admire those who have to work so far, must be horrible :(

I really hope you get the earlier leave, she sounds lovely so hopefully a sympathic Harry will see it the same way!

Let us know what the outcome is!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back