Im presuming this is just the next stage???

EllieBelle

Reaction score
Yesterday evening for approx 2 hours I had tightnening in the bottom of my bump - painless, but very regular (almost one after another).

Today my bump feels so tight and hard, and again had some tightenings - Im presuming these are BH's?? The bottom of my bump feels different, and like its moving a lot inside - its really hard to describe!

I was supposed to be driving down to South Wales this afternoon to check out a residential training school for our dog, but my DH has insisted I dont go.........as I also had a really bad upset stomach this morning, and back pain - so have cancelled the appointment!!!

Its far too early for anything "real" to happen, so hoping that its quite normal at this stage of pregnancy to be feeling like this????

I've been having regular tightenings for a good couple of weeks now, like you fairly constantly. According to my book, increased BH's can start 6-8 weeks before so its nothing to worry about. It also says that if the backache can be releived by moving position, it is not contracting/labour backache - just the normal postural backache you get at the end. I was convinced I was about to go a few weeks ago with all that going on but still here!

I've had spells of fairly regular BH for weeks now. The bloke even started timing them once, even though I told him not to be so silly. According to my midwife it's all perfectly normal, and I shouldn't get too excited just yet. I'm seriously thinking about packing my hospital bag soon, though.

I havent had any tightenings/BHs yet..... feel like i'm missing out! lol :D

lisaspoon said:
I havent had any tightenings/BHs yet..... feel like i'm missing out! lol :D

Oh no dont feel like that - its actually all a bit scary!! Im sitting here at the moment and it feels like someone is pulling a belt tightly across the bottom of my bump - it gets so tight I can bearly breathe, plus I cant breathe as bubs has his head under my ribs too........ :|

I feel all a bit anxious and weird today!

Thanks for the reassurance that its all normal though.......this bit is a totally new experience!

i can imagine its bit scary actually.... :hug: :hug: :hug:

i'll be running around the house when I have my first tightening! lol :lol:

yeah i've been experiencing the exact same thing. its eased off today but it did have me worried.

just noticed there's literally a day between our due dates too Elliebelle also both expecting boys

I started getting these last week - they sometimes take my breath away - not really painful but as if someone is twisting my bump so it goes so tight it might explode :D I seem to get 7 or 8 in a row and then they stop.... I know what you mean about the bottom of your bump too - I have been putting that down to George being breech and his feet being down there.........

As my DH said last night it would be so much easier if we just had timers that went ping when the baby was cooked :D

Jane x

reallyoldmum said:
As my DH said last night it would be so much easier if we just had timers that went ping when the baby was cooked :D

Jane x

Oh I love that.........if only!! :D

I know what you mean about thinking it was feet, I thought the same, but today felt slightly different - like all the weight is at the bottom of my bump, very odd feeling! Now realised that at times when I thought it was bubs moving quite violently, that it was probably ad hoc BH's and I couldnt tell :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back