• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm New!

sarah82

Reaction score
Just want to say hello to everyone, I have been hanging around for a while now and you all have been such a great help, every time I have been worried about something, I have just come on here and realised that it's all just normal pregnancy stuff. So, I thought it was about time to introduce myself and join in the fun. My names Sarah, I am 26 and this is my first baby, I am 14 weeks.

I have been to see my midwife this morning and heard the babies heartbeat for the first time, which was just so exciting. Although all the stuff about the screening test has scared me half to death.

Does anyone else have the same concerns? I have my blood test in two weeks and I just know I am going to worry like mad, that everythings going to be ok. I am more worried now than when I went for the dating scan and she said everything seemed fine.

Anyway sorry to go on.
xxxx

Hey Sarah :wave: Congrats :)

Is that the screening for Downs? I didn't get that test but please don't worry, I'm sure everything is fine and bubs wants you to be relaxed and enjoy the ride! How far on are you?

Hi Sarah, welcome :wave:

Try not to worry about the blood tests - is it the triple test? I had mine and everything came back as low risk etc, just enjoy your pregnancy and im sure everything is just fine :D :hug:

Thanks, yeah it's the screening for downs, I know I just have to relax, I just found it a bit scary at the midwifes today, with all the talk of dianostic tests and amniocentesis! She was very blunt and basically said if my baby has downs then I would be offered a termination... and as she said it ' you wouldn't be offered a nice general anaesthetic... you would have to deliver the baby'. It was all very doom and gloom.

Anyway I know I must relax and I have now read there is only a small chance of there being a problem. Thanks for your kind words.

I'm 14 +2. Due on the 12th May, so excited!!!

:wave: Hi sarah, welcome to the forum and second trimester :wave:

Its natural to be worried (you'll spend the next 26wks doing that and then it'll start again when babba is born :) )
Don't let the health professionals bamboozle you with anything, you'll be thrown so much information during your pregnancy that sometimes it feels like your head is spinning - don't forget your midwife probably gives out the same information over and over during the week and it all becomes a bit 'normal' for her. Take the information and go away and think about it - I didn't have the triple test because it only gives an indication, for definate results you would have to go on and have an amnio which carries a risk of miscarriage. I figured i) I wouldn't have the amnio so no point in having the bloods really and ii) I wouldn't terminate if the tests came back positive anyway :D

Like I say, its personal choice but you don't have to say yes to everything :hug: :hug:

sarah82 said:
Thanks, yeah it's the screening for downs, I know I just have to relax, I just found it a bit scary at the midwifes today, with all the talk of dianostic tests and amniocentesis! She was very blunt and basically said if my baby has downs then I would be offered a termination... and as she said it ' you wouldn't be offered a nice general anaesthetic... you would have to deliver the baby'. It was all very doom and gloom.

Anyway I know I must relax and I have now read there is only a small chance of there being a problem. Thanks for your kind words.

I'm 14 +2. Due on the 12th May, so excited!!!

To be honest I'm quite shocked at how your midwife told you the process but I suppose they need to tell you everything involved. Im due the day before you btw!!

Fluffy Bunny said:
:wave: Hi sarah, welcome to the forum and second trimester :wave:

Its natural to be worried (you'll spend the next 26wks doing that and then it'll start again when babba is born :) )
Don't let the health professionals bamboozle you with anything, you'll be thrown so much information during your pregnancy that sometimes it feels like your head is spinning - don't forget your midwife probably gives out the same information over and over during the week and it all becomes a bit 'normal' for her. Take the information and go away and think about it - I didn't have the triple test because it only gives an indication, for definate results you would have to go on and have an amnio which carries a risk of miscarriage. I figured i) I wouldn't have the amnio so no point in having the bloods really and ii) I wouldn't terminate if the tests came back positive anyway :D

Like I say, its personal choice but you don't have to say yes to everything :hug: :hug:

Yeah thats my thoughts too :D

Hiya congrats :cheer:
Do you have a bump yet?
This is my first baby too, and I no some people who with there second child have a bump by now. But i dont its just fat I think :lol:

Hi and welcome :wave: , try not to worry about the tests, i had mine done and i wish i hadnt now as they came back high risk for downs its caused me more worry. :hug:

Thanks for the advise and thanks for the welcome, I do feel much happier now, thanks you guys :D

Jazzmum2be- I do have a bit of a bump, but not sure if it is just fat! But, i have decided it is a bump lol!!!

xx

Oooo yey! So hopefully even though this is my first Ill get a bump :cheer: I bet when I do get a bump Ill be thinking I wish id never wanted one now :lol:

firstly congrats on the pregnancy, and welcome alongto tri 2!

secondly blimey, i cant believe your midwife told you that bluntly !! although i guess she's just covering all options. please try not to worry too much. i guess it depends on your personal opinion though, to me it would have made no difference at all.

Hi Sarah-Im due the same day as you :cheer:

Congrats xxxx

Hi Sarah and welcome!
It's only normal to worry. Heard the results aren't the most reliable either so I opted out of doing them.
Anyway try not to worry too much and enjoy 2nd Tri x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back