I'm in early labour...

emma_85

Reaction score
apparently!

Ok, so I was up in the night with period pain cramps, and in the morning had awful diarrhea (sorry if TMI)

By 2pm the cramps were far more intense, I was having hot sweats ect, so I called the assessment unit at the hospital to be told that "it sounds like you are in early labour".

I've been advised to hang on until I start contractions that are 10 mins apart, or my waters break. Both of which haven't begun yet - but still got these niggling period pains and very occasional sharp pangs in my foof (happened twice so far)

Been looking online and read that early labour can last days :( I hate period pains, they are so depressing and make me feel like utter poop. I'd rather get the strong contractions and get the bubba out! lol

On a lighter note, it sounds as though my babs is making his way into the world :lol:

Sounds like you might deliver on time then. Hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Hopefully it won't be much longer, good luck x

I said the same thing to hubby today that I'd prefer painful contractions to period pains!

:yay: Hope things get going for you soon! Good luck! x

Fingers crossed he is on his way. Hopefully it won't be long

Hi all,

Just an update. If you can call it that! Nothing more has happened, i still have the period pain cramps, although today they haven't been as harsh as yesterday. So not really convinced by the member of staff at the assessment unit that I'm in early labour tbh - not that I'm trying to tell her how to do her job lol!

I just think my cramps are possibly just 'one of those things' or 'baby getting ready'.

I was in bed most of yesterday, but today I went out as I felt I needed a walk and some air in my lungs. Felt a little better for it, and have just spent today relaxing with hubby and sorting a few things out.

My actual due date is Wednesday, but not seeing MW until thursday, so if babs holds on until then I may grill her with questions about my cramps - i'm also interested to know how engaged the head is etc, i certainly feel like he is far down, like I need a poo! Quite uncomfortable feeling, roll on d-day! :)

It sounds as if your experiencing what alot of us have lately, these period cramps were your wondering if it's the start of labour or not. It could be baby moving down or dilation or something but either way it's a good sign that your nearly there now.

The first night I had bad ones I really thought that was the beginning but they went away after a bath :s

It sounds as if your experiencing what alot of us have lately, these period cramps were your wondering if it's the start of labour or not. It could be baby moving down or dilation or something but either way it's a good sign that your nearly there now.

The first night I had bad ones I really thought that was the beginning but they went away after a bath :s

I know, I must admit I kind of got my hopes up especially after talking to someone at the hospital!

What is so odd though is that all the way through my pregnancy I have fretted constantly about the labour and how i'll cope (I'm a wimp - even stubbing my toe is traumatic! :rofl: ) But when I heard I could be in early labour, I was calm and the feeling of being frightened just completely washed over me and I felt somewhat happy that i'd soon have my little man in my arms :lol:

So I have been feeling a little gutted today lol - I guess I kinda built my hopes up.

Evenso, like you say it's a sign that things are happening which is good news.

Can't wait to see and hold my little man :dance:

x x x

i was in early labour from 4 days before till i gave birth 4 days after! no-one ever listened to me that i was serious about the pain etc and that it was the real thing until i HAD to be induced die to water leakage where they foun out i was 5cm already!!!!!! Cant wait for the text miss emma!!!! goodluck and im thinking of you! i reckon you might be like me, a few days over but not much!!!!!!!!!! xx

I totally know what you mean Emma. This whole time I've been scared of having a panic attack when labour starts. The other night when I thought it had started I was actually calm and excited and thinking logically about what our procedure would be! Our brains just "engage" don't they and get on with the job at hand lol

I totally know what you mean Emma. This whole time I've been scared of having a panic attack when labour starts. The other night when I thought it had started I was actually calm and excited and thinking logically about what our procedure would be! Our brains just "engage" don't they and get on with the job at hand lol

Definately!

It was reassuring that my hubby was so supportive too. I've been a bit anxious that he would be a bit "I don't know what to do" attitude, but he was brilliant :lol:

Definately!

It was reassuring that my hubby was so supportive too. I've been a bit anxious that he would be a bit "I don't know what to do" attitude, but he was brilliant :lol:

Haha yeah. When I woke my hubby up when my waters went with DD, he spent about 45mins on the toilet having diahorrea with blood in it and being sick! He managed to drive me to the hospital and when we got there he was in and out to the toilet alot still have diahorrea with blood. The midwives looked after him though, he had a big comfy armchair with tea and toast while I had a crap chair with a cup of water lol

This time though he was calm aswell. He ran my bath for me and said he would go back to sleep so if it was labour he would be more use. So our trial run was a success!

Definately!

Haha yeah. When I woke my hubby up when my waters went with DD, he spent about 45mins on the toilet having diahorrea with blood in it and being sick! He managed to drive me to the hospital and when we got there he was in and out to the toilet alot still have diahorrea with blood. The midwives looked after him though, he had a big comfy armchair with tea and toast while I had a crap chair with a cup of water lol

This time though he was calm aswell. He ran my bath for me and said he would go back to sleep so if it was labour he would be more use. So our trial run was a success!

:rofl: How funny! Bless him! I do think a lot of women 'switch off' from other people's emotions and concentrate solely on ourselves. I know I hadn't once given it much thought really. I guess Dad's have feelings too eh! :)

how yo udoing emma?? x

Getting the odd twang of cramps, no where near as intense as the other day. I'm just emotional now. Got hot eye syndrome with all the crying - "hormonal mess" may describe how I'm doing right now LOL

Don't think i've cried this much in years - soooo embarassing! Hopefully a good night sleep will set me right :nap:

Thanks for asking hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back