Im home ladies!! with piccys...

lozzi

Reaction score
im homeee :D thank god

well i have to say considering i wanted natural home birth... didnt that go tits up :D hahaha

Just arrived home to absolute CHAOS i hve no downstairs im so emotional from all the hormones etc i just burst out crying.

Well thats not what u want to read about so here is briefly what happened.

Last satruday i decided to go get checked out regarding the "wet" discharge thingy, and they said it wasnt my waters so off i went feeling stupid.

On wednesday morning i was stood waiting to go to the toilet when i had water with blood in it trickling down my legs, so i thougth OMG my waters got all excited, rang midwife said waters have broken and she said come in so i can examine you, so i did and she did the swab thing for me, and the swab didnt turn blue, tbh it was just COVERED in blood! so she said she thought i was trickling...

went thru wednesday with regular contractions, then wednesday night they seemed to slow down, so by about midnight i decided to go to bed, got up teh stairs and i had my bigest contraction, then they sudenly were coming every5 minutes or so apart rang midwife and she came out confirmed my waters defo were gone, and n said i was 2 cms and she''d go away and i shud ring when i cudnt cope with the pain no longer. had a rest for about 2 hours or so.. then i was up! i was in agony, trying everything to stop the pain! (later turned out she was BACK TO BACK so anyone who has this knows how horrid t is) i cudnt get comfy i was in so much pain

at about 8.30 midwife was back and i was STILL 2-3cms dilated, carried on till 12ish lots of gas and air and a shot of pethadine later and midwife said if by 12 i hadnt reached at least 9cms then she was transferring me in. and of course i was only 4!!! so off to hospiatl we went :(

wen we got to the hospital they put me on the monitors etc, and started iving me a drip to speed up contractions, and i decided at this point that i needed an epidural... these are HEAVEN ladies.. hha

well continued all afternoon wiht no pain or feeling, watched the monitor as my contractons were merryily cracking on, at 6pm they measured me again and i was STILLL only 4cm

then came the news that i my pulse was really high, to the point they cudnt define betwen me and baby, so they put a fetal electrode on babies head,

the doctor cme in and said thatif by 7.30 i hadnt dilated anymore they were going to think about a c section...

got some blood resulst back in all of this sayin that my body had an infection, so they rang the doc back

they did an internal and i was 6cms my temperature was 39.4 ellouises heartbeat was racing and my pulse was 130 and from internal examination ellouises head was swollen..

at which point htey decided i needed an emergency caeserean section!

me being me asked for a tummy tuck at the same time to lighten the situation but unforunatly he didnt find that funny... hehe

the consultant said, that he believed my waters had gone on SATURDAY when i had the wet feeling. this is what caused the infection.

was really scary looking back coz if i had of managed my home birht then madam cud have been really really ill....

was heartbreaking enough her having to go to scbu for intravenous antibiotoics.. my poor babys hand are bruised black and blue from failed attempts at iv lines :( but she is absolutly fine now!!!

So... ellouise was born at 9.10pm on the 11th of January wegihing in at a VERY healthy 8lb 15oz

she is hte most beautiful thing i have ever seen and i cant believe how much i love her

well here is what ur all here for some piccys...

photo0147zc5.jpg

photo0155ll6.jpg

photo0155nj9.jpg

photo0160sc5.jpg

photo0162jn6.jpg

photo0166yv1.jpg

there u go... sorry mi a bit picture happy im just sooo proud of her, i cant believe i cud produce something so pretty and perfect...

Thanks very much for all ur lovely comments on sarahs thread, i was in tears reading t hrough..
congrats to any ladies who have given birth whilst ive been away ill try and catch up on threads in a day or two but i need sleep! and good luck to all those who pop soon xx

ps. apologies for bad spellnig and grammar etc. im so tired i cant be bothered readnig back hahaha

What a little cherub - she is sooooooooooo beautiful! Glad you made it through the birth ok, how you doing now? Look after yourself xxxxxxxxxxxx

What a shame you couldn't have your Home Birth, she's lovely, i see what you mean about her bruised hand poor little thing.

Congrats :hug:

awww well done hun shes a beauty :hug: xxxx

well done u!!! what a nitemare u went thro!!! she is gorge xx

Welcome home you really do have a gorgeous little girl

She's very pretty. Congratulations. Sounds like a hard time you had :hug:

You are so brave Lozzi and always a good sense of humour! Well done Chickie! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads