Hair dying/ Highlights/ Lowlights

SuziQ

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know what we're allowed to have in the way of hair colourants when preggers??
I'm booked in to have my hair cut and get some lowlights.. dark brown and a chocolate colour or I might go just for a couple of copper/blonde highlights.. but I''m not too sure what we're allowed.
I actually want an all over, head colour.. but was told (by I can't remember) that its best not to have a full hair colour when pregnant... is it becuase of the bleaching agents ??

Fanks
x

I have highlights (natural toney ones rather than bleach) and will continue to do so. My hairdresser who did them is 8 months' pregnant and has been doing ladies' highlights throughout her pregnancy so I'm sure it's fine. They don't contain as many obnoxious chemicals as they used to and I only get it done every 4 months anyway.

Which reminds me, I am rootqueen.

I've had my foils done (bleach and a tint) twice during this pregnancy, once at 13 weeks and again at 24 weeks. Speak to your hairdresser for advice. Mine says its fine, even a bleach foil, as it doesn't actually touch the scalp.

You do hear of some stories of people's hair reacting to the dye differently during pregnancy, this hasn't been my experience but worth watching out for!

be carefull when you have it done hun
i had a full head of light brown colouring done and it came out closer to black!!!!
the dye reacted funny with the hormones in my hair :? :?
and made it go a funny colour lol
manda xx

I'm the same as Sunnyday - I have had my foils done around 13 weeks and 24 weeks and have had dark brown and blonde highlights put in they are fine as the colour doesn't actually touch your scalp.
I'll probably have mine done again just before he's due.

Theres no evidence to suggest that hair colouring is dangerous and neither is there any evidence to suggest its safe.

My brother in law is a hairdresser and he says there's a load of unnecessary hype around hair colouring when pregnant. He recksons there are as many chemicals in our daily grooming products as what there is in hair colour.

Here's an article I found for a friend at work that you might be interested in reading http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/isitsafeto/colourorpermhairexpert/

BTW i've been having full head/roots throughout my pregnancy.

[/url]

Cheers everyone... I will do for some highlights / lowlights then.. and then ... have a full head colour when I've given birth.... As I don't want to come out with a full head of green hair :rotfl: Stripes I can do !!

x

i really want my hair done. i feel scruffy. at the mo its my natural blonde, any ideas?

Babybee mabye get a new cut to freshen up your look if colouring is to much. though im sure highlights wouldnt harm the baby. I usually get highlights put in every 6 months but i dont know wether to do so agian because of the cost.

heres my hair

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

it was suposed to be dark blonde / light brown :rotfl: I was so shocked :shock: 20 mins later I had a head of dark chocolate :shock: I like it though although I lok slightly goth in that pic :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back