I'm counting my blessings tonight

mishi

Reaction score
So I've been happy, happy all day as we are having lovely friends over tonight that we haven't seen in an age and are going out for dinner. DH was paying the balance of our holiday today (he announced a little while ago he was whisking me off to the Maldives in May for a second honeymoon for our 10th wedding anniversary - oh how I love him so!) and I have been looking longingly at the little island we are going to most of the day (when not on here or cleaning the house!).

I now feel a little deflated, but I am counting my blessings as to how lucky I am. He has just got in from work and told me about two cases he has been dealing with. I think he needed to get it out as it was upsetting him. Two patients this week have been diagnosed with cervical cancer. One is 29 and is 30 weeks pregnant and the other is 27 and is 19 weeks pregnant. The 29 year old has metastases (spread) to other areas, so prognosis is not good. They will induce her soon so they can start treatment asap. The other girl looks like it is only in her cervix, but it will probably spread and give her a poor prognosis if she carries on with the pregnancy.

It's just awful and I feel terrible for them, their families and their little babies and the decisions and treatments they face. It also makes me realise that what I have been through is nothing compared to what they are facing and that I'm so lucky to have my DH, family & friends and my health.

Sorry for the downer, but it was such a reality check for me........

Last edited:
Wow, definitely food for thought and counting my blessings as I type. Tough cases for your OH too I'm sure. :hug: having watched my mum go through breast cancer twice and a friend is going through palliative care for malignant melanoma right now, it's heartbreaking how cruel life can be xxx

Thank you for posting this, it sure does give a reality check x

Of course it doesn't help the poor people in question BUT sometimes it is of help to us to know there are people out there much worse off?

I try to remind myself every day how lucky I am

xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back