I'm being induced Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooo lovin that news!!!!!
Thanks girls, Bex and sarah...starting to get excited now...Fi and I are going to occupy each other with texts if we're in at the same time! :hug:

Further question - i've been looking up my 'Bishops Score' which is 6..anyone know much about this or what the numbers mean..googling just confused me?? :think:

bishops score is a way of determining how likely an induction is to be successful - so if your cervix is high, long, firm and closed = not favourable - and induction more likely to fail. copared to being soft thinning, open and baby's head low .

basically it is not known exactly what causes labour to start naturally - so induction is only likely to work if the body is ready to go - prostaglandin pessaries 'ripen' the cervix to aid the drip getting things going.

a bishops score of 6 isnt too bad for now (is this your first??) as if you need to be induced having had a sweep things may be even more favourable by then - as far as I remember a score of more than 5 means straight to drip without needing pessary so pretty good sign I would say :)

Great, thanks Nikki...you are v knowledgeable!! Yes it is my first - i thought it was quite good... woooo :hug:

Yay!! Aww I can't believe you're so near to having your baby. It didn't seem that long ago that you just got your BFP! :hug:

AnnaR2B said:
Great, thanks Nikki...you are v knowledgeable!! Yes it is my first - i thought it was quite good... woooo :hug:

thanks - dont feel it sometimes with my 'mummified' brain as dh calls it - I used to be a GP before children and have also done several obstetric jobs and delivered 50 or so babies - didnt prepare me for the shock of having my own tho :lol:

Oh wow!!

I'd chew off my right arm to have a flippin' date!

It sounds as if you're in a prime position to go too. :cheer: :cheer:

It's going to be a busy weekend! Great to have a date Anna- hope it all goes well for you xxx

OMG!!!!!!

Sorry I didn't reply before - was my turn to be carted off to spend yesterday afternoon in hospital for tests (all ok except for protein in the urine.. sigh!)

Text me your mobile number tooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am Auntie Roland after all!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Wow weee good luck, you must be so excited!

This is great news Anna!! :cheer: It has made me quite scared to think that people I have gone along my pregnancy with are now popping, OMG! :shock: :shock: We're all going to mummies really soon!

Great news about your plug this monring, maybe things will start off naturally before Sunday :pray: :pray:

Lots of luck, but I know you are going to do brilliantly!!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back