I'm a bit scared

Flame

Reaction score
Tomorrow my oh is off to Germany until late friday night, its the first time he has been away from us since the little fella was born and i am scared. I never used to like being on my own before but now i am not on my own as such as i have Leif but i am a bit concerned because sometimes in the evening he has these screaming crying bouts and nothing can settle him for hours and i have to pass him to my oh because i get myself into a state.

What am i going to do tomorrow cause knowing my luck he will do it tomorrow night and friday and i will have no one here to pass him to and i will get myself into a right state :?

I know i am probably being silly and its only for a couple of nights but :cry:

Could you get your mum or a family member to come and help you? :)

I'm sure you will be fine tho :hug:

They wont come round here to help even though they only live round the corner.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Have you anyone you can phone if you need to, next best thing to someone being there :hug:
I'm sure you'll be fine, may even surprise yourself how well things go, and I do hope they do for you and Leif :)
Remember you can always pop him in his cot and go take a few minutes to yourself if you feel its getting too much, he'll be OK :hug:
Have a lovely couple of days without Daddy hehe

awwww hun, you'll be fine. If it gets too much put him in his cot and go into another room like redshoes said and do some deep breathing, I always find deep breathing helps me feel better and get my focus back.

he'll be home before you know it

:hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

You'll be ok, hun - dont worry. Being alone is a bum, but you'll do fine - what about a warm bath if he gets into a tizzy, might be fun and take his mind off his big grouch session! (come to think of it maybe a nice warm bath might make you feel better too, but of course will not help with the screaming!) :rotfl:

Lisa

im exactly the same. Hannah (very very occasionally) is like that and im always sceard it will happen when OH isnt there (he's out 12 hrs aday most days)

I think you'll cope fine, and like i have, you'll come to REALLY appriciate the time with just the 2 of you. (i never really thought id be like that) Me and hannah over the last few weeks (sinse OH got this new job) have become soooooooooooooooooooo close. its unreal. When she has cried, ive coped. Its about having confidance. I dont know your baby, but maybe a walk outside (even for only 2 minutes) distract them? Ive done things like that when hannah has been screaming... usually works.

im sure you'll be fine hun :hug:

Thanks guys

Well i have done ok so far, he is sleeping at odd times though so i dont think he will sleep tonight so i expect to be shattered tomorrow.

And i have burnt my fingers with hot water making his bottles for the night :?

The only other thing i realised earlier is i dont sleep in the dark when oh is away so will be interesting tonight.

how was your night?
The funny thing is that you will probably cope really well because sometimes you have to. I bet you are a lot stronger than you feel. :hug:

And the thing is, you arent really alone because there is always someone on here. There will always be someone on from third tri even at the weirdest timesof night :rotfl:

Woo hoo i did it!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Leif slept quite well fidgeting for his dummy occasionally and i managed to sleep with the light off!

My oh is due back around 11.30ish tonight and i'm off to my mums this evening for tea.

Thanks again ladies :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back