Ill and looking after a LO

Mildly

Reaction score
The past couple of days I have had a horrible cold. Normally my colds never last more than a day of sneezing but because I am generally run down and not sleeping enough, it seems to be lingering :(

It is so difficult looking after a LO whilst feeling like all you want to do is crawl back into bed. When I'm feeding him, I spend the whole time sneezing over his head and making him jump. Also if he's nodding off, I have to run out of the room so I don't wake him up with my sneezing. He has sneezed a couple of times and sounds a bit horse, I'm really hoping he doesn't catch it too as there is nothing I can give him. Is it possible that he is immune to my cold because of the antibodies in my milk?

OH has had the day off today and has been great taking him off my hands for a bit. I'm hoping I feel better tomorrow but does anyone have any tips for getting through the illness and still taking care of a LO properly?

Angel's had it 3 times since birth. First at 2 weeks, and i breastfeed. I sometimes crawl into bed with her if we both have it. She will sleep when i do that which helps me loads as she never does usually in the day.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
feel better soon mildly, Eva had a cold at about 6 weeks, apart from being very snuffly and a bit grumpy she was ok and got over it quite fast compared to a recent one which hung around for 3 weeks even though she is still breastfed. We did find raising the head of her crib a little helped her breathe and i put a few drops of lavender oil in her bath too.
I think we found she fed little and often too, hopr he doesnt get it too bad hun x

I just got a cold for the first time since August was born. I read that the antibodies in breast milk help keep the baby from getting it and even if they do, it shouldn't be as bad as yours. The latter was the case for us. I was really concerned about passing it to August, I thought he had caught it as one day he was seemed stuffed up and snotty. He was happy in himself though and it only lasted one day. I just used saline drops to clear out his nose.

I hope you feel better. :hug:

I've had a horrible cold all week. DH is at work so have had to look after Connie. I try not to sneeze on her and get DH to make up bottle as to try not get germs in bottle but there really is no hope and she has a snotty nose now but luckily she's not ill or grumpy. I've been living off cough medicine.

Thanks for the replies, I know how you've all felt being ill so :hug: s to you!

I think we'll spend all day tomorrow in bed cuddling up :) Hopefully my antibodies will kick in and Oscar won't get it too badly, he is a bit snuffly too at the mo. I will give the saline drops a go too, I saw those in Tescos the other day.

Clarey poor Eva having a cold hang around for three weeks :hug: Kimberly and Hazel hope you both feel better soon (and your LOs) :hug:

Sending sympathy your way :hug:

No suggestions I'm afraid. I've got a throat infection and bad cold and when I start coughing I often end up vomiting. I had the lovely experience the other day of Q asleep on boob, me vomiting over him onto the carpet when he woke up and decided it would be a fun game to try to catch the vomit. Classy eh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back