If you don't ask you don't get!

laetitia85

Reaction score
My sister has just lost her baby (strangled by ombilical cord). :cry: She wasn't being monitored and if she had had a scan I believe they would have seen it on time and could have saved her.

I can't stop thinking about it, I've had a very stressful few days, I can't relax much and I'm very anxious. So I asked my hospital for a reassurance scan before I give birth, just to make sure everything is ok and they said yes. It's tomorrow at 1:45.

Will let you know how it goes.

I am so sorry to hear about your sister and her baby, you are right to ask for the scan :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

How awful- thinking of your sister and family :hug: :hug: :hug:

You were right to ask for a scan to try and put your mind at rest as best possible :hug:

so sorry! :hug: :hug: :(

but to you and everyone else.. please dont start worrying about your own babys when you see articals such as what have been posted.. its really really really rare for it to happen.. and dont go getting frightened..

last thing you need at the very end of your pregnancy is to be stressing over things that you have no control over.. there was nothing that laetitia's sister has done or could have done to stop this happening.. and stressing about your own pregnancys will make you ill so please dont..

I must admit is it something that I have worried about this pregnancy.

I asked my midwife about it and a couple of articles and apparently an awful lot of babies are born with the cord around their neck and it is a common place for the cord to end up because there is no room inside. The baby gets oxygen through the placenta, not it's head, so it is rare for it to be a problem unless it is pulling on the baby's neck and causing the heart to dip, which monitoring of heart beat during labour would show.

Did it happen during labour? I think we all know the risks we encounter, and we all feel desperately sorry for people who these things happen to.

I'm so sorry for your sister. I can't imagine how she must be feeling, and all your family.

But we must not worry ourselves about these things, as there is absolutley nothing we can do to prevent things happenning, and they are very, very rare.

Oh no I'm so sorry what a horrible thing to happen. :cry: :cry:

Good luck with your scan tomorrow :hug: :hug:

Oh hun I am so sorry. Thinking of you, your sister and your family :hug:

Good luck at your scan :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks everyone

I'm so sorry I didn't mean to bring fear to anyone, in fact I am not 'scared' as such myself, I know my baby is fine, especially because I'm being monitored and there is nothing wrong with the heartbeat and movement. but i must say, since it's happened it's been on my mind quite a lot and although I know he's ok, I can't relax - I'm a bit anxious.

I also encourage everyone not to think the worse, but do take advantage of the help and monitoring that your hospital is willing to give you. :hug:

Valley Girl said:
I must admit is it something that I have worried about this pregnancy.

I asked my midwife about it and a couple of articles and apparently an awful lot of babies are born with the cord around their neck and it is a common place for the cord to end up because there is no room inside. The baby gets oxygen through the placenta, not it's head, so it is rare for it to be a problem unless it is pulling on the baby's neck and causing the heart to dip, which monitoring of heart beat during labour would show.

Did it happen during labour? I think we all know the risks we encounter, and we all feel desperately sorry for people who these things happen to.

I'm so sorry for your sister. I can't imagine how she must be feeling, and all your family.

But we must not worry ourselves about these things, as there is absolutley nothing we can do to prevent things happenning, and they are very, very rare.

I agree with you, they are very rare.
It didn't happen during labour, no. It happened before.
the story and the doctor's report of how it happened are quite horrible and I don't wanna give too many details (don't wanna upset anyone).

Lots of love to you, and well done for being so positive.

It can't be easy with all your family in turmoil.

xxx

OMG Im so sorry latetia, thats awful news for your sister and family. :hug:

Im not going to say its rare, it happens, a lady when i had imogen lost her baby to umbilical strangulation - its shocking, but it is rare.

so very sorry to hear this, please tell you sister she's in our thoughts, i can't imaging how she and all your family must be feeling.

Hope your scan goes well, it should help ease your anxiousness just seeing your baby again

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I am so sorry to hear this. :hug:

This is something I have been really worried about too. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27