if i could go back...

Great thread!
I would have made sure the memory card was in the bloody camera :( still upsets me now as we didn't know until later that day
Brought a side car crib
Got my sling straightway and not a pram
Been prepared for the unexpected instead of expecting to go late then having nothing ready and having to send oh out for stuff while I was in hospital.
Other than that I think i did quite a bit differently from my first time, you must learn more with each baby!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Not tell anyone the name we had picked
Still no photo of the 3 of us and only a couple with me & Grace. I only have 2 photos of daddy & Grace and they are both asleep.

Other than that I'm quite happy with all we've done do far.

I did a memory photo album for her which starts at 2 weeks with a photo of positive test and then weekly bump photos. I'm filling it now with 'firsts'

I said I would keep a diary second time around, but I haven't. My first and this so far are permanently etched into my brain. Both pregnancies are hard work and I know I will never forget them!

I think sleep more is my main one coz 2nd time around, there is NO time for sleep!!! And I defo would've saved more pennies! I'm crap with money so I wished I'd have saved money when I could coz now money comes in n goes out there's no chance of saving atm!

I think the only thing I really regret is letting my family walk all over me :( I was due to be induced on the Wednesday and they'd gone ahead and booked flights here for the Saturday of that week. I asked them not too book anything as I didn't know when baby would actually arrive, when we'd be out of hospital and obviously I didn't know if there'd be any complications etc and their response was "that day is best for us" :( as it was I felt rushed to have my own baby and I wasn't actually let out of hospital till that Saturday afternoon. So my OH who Angel and I hadn't seen properly all week just dropped us off at home and had to dash straight out again to pick them lot up from the airport. My daughter was treated like a pass the parcel and I was dying just to spend time with her and Lee and I was entertaining them instead :( I so wish I'd have put my foot down and stopped them from coming so soon. I really hate blaming things on other people but I believe this has played a big part in PND with me. I still feel so angry and hurt about even now 4 months on xx

Next time I will
Not tell anyone chosen name untill there born,
Not buy so many clothes,
Take bump pictures,
Find a breastfeeding support group,
Not allow people to just turn up as and when they want too play pass the baby,
Not worry about babys weight gain I spent the best part of the first 6 months worrying over how much weight tegen was gaining!!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Hey Ladies, I am in Tri 2 at the moment so I hope you don't mind me jumping in but this thread is soooo helpful! Thank you x

Oh just thought of something else
Next time I will go get my hair cut & tidied just before baby is due cause of the rate it falls out afterwards having a good trim up will hopeful help (I lose slot of hair normally)

Great thread!

Next time I........
-wouldn't tell people my due date....I'd just give a 2 or 3 week window or maybe even a month!.....Ethan arrived 17 days overdue after a really lenghty induction process and I was sooo miserable and fed up every day past 40 weeks with people asking me what was going on! I just wanted to hide away until he turned up and ignore everyone!
-would take a clear blue digi test to give me best idea of when I conceived so that I was clearer on correct due date (I got moved forward 10 days at 12 weeks scan....still don't believe this was right....see above!)
-not buy as many new born clothes.....sleep suits all the way!
-take more pics in hospital....especially of LO just after birth and LO with OH as well as one of the 3 of us!
-Will be more prepared next time for just how hard bf is.....especially if I have a big baby who is starving hungry from the outset and my milk doesn't come in for 3 days!
-Be more open to the fact that being induced doesn't always work! It took 3 pessaries, 2 days and having an epidural in just to get my waters broken! Lol!
-Probably wouldn't bother with stretch mark lotions and potions, I have thousands of stretch marks and really don't think there was anything I could have done to change that! I think sticking with normal moisturiser is prob best way to go!
-Wouldn't eat as much and would have tried to go to the gym for longer into my pregnancy!

I should def keep this to remind me if I ever have another one!! :)

I'd also buy a bog standard crib...didn't bother with a Moses as I knew he wouldn't be in it long, spent 100 odd pound on a mamas and papas swinging crib, firstly he didn't even go in it for 3 months, we got a snuggle nest and co slept cause he hated the thing, now he's in the crib but we never ever swing it. X

Great Thread!!

I would definately not be so hard on myself trying to carry on right til the end with all my normal chores and activities to prove pregnancy wasn't affecting me!

Definatley find out the sex again

Leave work earlier on Maternity or Annual Leave, left at 34 weeks but should have gone a few weeks earlier due to medical issues.

Enjoy the time between ML starting and baby arriving spending time with OH and doing useful things.

Be more flexible about babycare in general!!

Absolutely not tell anyone the name we had chosen again!! Worked well this time round!

I would have bought more tops and bottoms instead of just sleep suits. Would have made it so much easier with LO puking every 5 minutes.

I wouldn't have bothered buying a cot beforehand if I knew we were only going to use the moses basket until he's much bigger. Now we have both up in our bedroom and it's cramped even though it's a big room and the cot is full of my clothes lol

I wouldn't have:
Bought so many size 1 nappies (she was out of them after 2 weeks), told people the name as too many people have opinions while your pregnant and it can change, bought so many newborn and 0-3 clothes as she is already in 3 - 6 month! took more pictures while pregnant, had more time at home in bed while OH was at home the first two weeks and listened to the doctor when they said i wasn't in labour (had her an hour later) and get help with Bf so i could have done it (no milk and didnt know what to do)

Things i did right:
Had a baby shower, didnt find out sex, bought second hand stuff like my mammas and pappas dream swing which is wonderful and she loves and as new for £15 and her cot i got for £5, got new homes for my birds (wouldnt want to clean it now), went to like new baby sale for clothes, didnt get a 4d scan wanted one at the time but dont care now and my mates looks shit, not let people judge me too much - ive done my own thing and dont care who tells me im worng x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back