iCandy prams

MrsW84

Reaction score
We have narrowed the ever increasing list of possible prams/travel systems down to the iCandy Peach jogger or the iCandy strawberry (although we havent seen the strawberry "in the flesh"---seeing it next Tuesday)
has anyone got any experience of comparing the 2?
I can think of pros and cons for both which is driving me slightly insane!
he he
any help would be amazing!
thanks girlies
xxxxx:)

I am going with Icandy too, I love them! I dont know anything about the Strawberry as they are new this year but the Peach and the Cherry are supposed to be very good, ive read lots of reviews about them and have also spoken to a couple of people who have them xxx

We are going for the iCandy Peach Jogger.... we were torn between the Peach Jogger and the Strawberry too but the Peach Jogger won hands down in terms of 'look' for hubby. He wanted something he was happy pushing around on his own whilst feeling masculine! I was happy with both so it was hubby's decision in the end. xx

ahhh yeh
hmmmm from looking at photos i think strawberry looks nicer but only just
and the fact it fold with the pram seat on is good but the 3 wheeler thing on the peach jogger would be good too!!!!
arhhhh so many choices!

It's dificult hun, I am sure when you compare the two side by side you will know exactly what suits your needs. xx

or once again ill freak out and just leave the shop without making a decision!
ha ha a recurring theme in the whole baby buying experience so far!

I liked the strawberry in the shop but not sure if it's smaller than the peach (seat carrycot part) as one was in the window and the other on the shop floor. I also like the purple colour iCandy have bought out too!!

I have the cherry and it is ok, love that it is lightweight but the wheels squeek also dont get the i candy changing bag as mine is falling apart already!! I personally wasnt keen on the strawberry as it was much bigger and bulkier!!! I wud go for the peach if i was picking now!!
xxx

I'm getting the iCandy apple, loved the peach and strawberry, and think I would of prefered the peach when you see them side by side, the strawberry felt a bit flimsy when I had a push around, and I liked the sturdiness of the peach... My boyfriend chose the apple, so that's why we got it. But defo would have been the peach if I had my way :) xx

We were between the icandy peach and strawberry, both in red. Funnily enough karate kid I let my hubby make the final decision too and he preferred the peach...must be a man thing!! We have ours now and I love it so much, I've been back in the shop since and checked out the strawberry again but now I have mine I'm glad we went peach as it seems more substantial and looks really slick. So it's a vote for peach from me but both are fab! X

Last edited:
Im waiting on delivery of a strawberry as I've been chosen to test one for 12months. Cant wait for it to arrive. Not sure what colour they are sending yet.

I have a peach jogger.

I heart it.

It folds down quite small and is very slick to use. It's better for off road terrain though I think so if you are planning on walking a lot on bridleways or not on the Tarmac it is probably better.

Thanks girls
Yeh I live in the countryside and take the dog walking in parks etc
So defo need to bear that in mind!
But also I love that the strawberry can be folded with the pram seat on!
Think I need to see them together!

We were between the icandy peach and strawberry, both in red. Funnily enough karate kid I let my hubby make the final decision too and he preferred the peach...must be a man thing!! We have ours now and I love it so much, I've been back in the shop since and checked out the strawberry again but now I have mine I'm glad we went peach as it seems more substantial and looks really slick. So it's a vote for peach from me but both are fab! X

Hehe! Definately a man thing then! I just didn't want huby to be pushing around something he wasn't comfortable with.... and in all fairness this is probably the only thing he has paid any real attentention to (White baby vests and socks don't interest him) so I didn't want to knock him back. I keep going into see the peach and the strawberry and I just love the peach! xx

I've got the strawberry and love it! It's great that it all folds down with the seat in (plus extra 'punnet' storage within the seat) and it's nice and sturdy without being overly chunky, just finding it a bit difficult to get hold of some of the accessories now though because it's so new! I think the 3 wheeler peach is maybe slightly lighter than the strawberry so probably depends on the type of terrain you'll mainly use it on? x

I haven't got a clue about the peach jogger I'm afraid, but can comment on the strawberry and peach (regular)!

PEACH: The peach is lovely, quite big and bulky with bigger wheels than the strawberry so could be better if you're planning off road walks etc. Unfortunately you cannot fold with the seat unit attached like you can with the strawberry, and I wasn't keen on the folding mechanism (found it a bit clumsy and fiddly) though I'm sure that's something you would get used to with time. The peach is MUCH heavier than the strawberry, so bare this in mind if you are going to be doing a lot of lifting in and out of cars. Even the carry cot itself is significantly heavier than that of the strawberry. The original feature of the peach is that you are able to turn it into the "peach blossom twin" at a later date if/when you have another child, by simply adding another seat unit or carrycot. My problem with this, is that when two seat units / carry cots are used together it does look rather cramped. There is next to no room available for the child underneath, and they would be left staring up at the back of the seat unit above (not a great view!). Not a bad idea if you have two tiny babies to fit in together, but not very suitable for bigger babies/toddlers in my opinion.

STRAWBERRY: The strawberry is very pleasing on the eye, not too chunky, but yet still has the sturdiness of the peach. It folds easily with the seat unit on which is an absolute godsend, and very easy to do, literally takes 5 seconds. Because of the way it folds, it is quite wide when collapsed, therefore might not fit in the boot of a smaller car like a mini for example. Pushes like an absolute treat, very smooth and sturdy. As mentioned above, the carrycot is MUCH lighter than that of the peach (worth bearing in mind that you have to add the weight of the carrycot PLUS the weight of baby inside it) so much easier to carry about when needed. I can't say I noticed any difference in size between the actual size of the seat unit and carry cot compared to the peach, just made in a slightly different style. I also prefer the colour options with the strawberry, but that is down to personal taste.

We didn't really fancy the idea of a three wheeler which is why we didn't pay much attention to the peach jogger, though we did give it a little push and if anything I would probably say that the three wheel system makes it slightly less sturdy, and does give it a tendency to rock from side to side (especially if you were going round tight corners for example). The fours wheelers offer more stability and control in my opinion.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Could anyone me the prices of the strawberry and peach? I looked on the website but no prices?

Could anyone me the prices of the strawberry and peach? I looked on the website but no prices?

iCandy don't allow their products to be sold or priced online for some reason! We have been quoted £695 for the Strawberry chassis, seat unit (which comes with the chassis as standard), carry cot and flavour packs. I'm not sure, but I think the peach is very similar if not the same in price.

I am going to go to the baby show in May as I heard from another lady that she bought her Strawberry there, chassis, seat unit, carry cot, flavour packs, car seat adapters and maxi cosi car seat all for £700 - bargain! Haven't been able to get a price anywhere near that low in my local shops.

Ouch, pricey! But I guess you pay for quality! Thanks for letting me know x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back