I wasnt allowed to do Zumba :(

angelmma

Reaction score
Hey all, just a wee rant. Went down to start zumba lastnight, as I was dancing right upto the beginning of my pregnancy and as Im over the 12 weeks I wanted to start zumba as it is fun and dancey. Anyway an instructor at my normal gym said that because I was so active before getting pregnant (worked out 5-6 days a week) that it shouldnt be a problem. My gym didnt have a zumba class lastnight so I headed to my old gym. And after booking in I said to the zumba instructor 'Pregnant women are okay to do this, arent they?' To which she just answered no and that was that. Was really dissapointed and ended up just doing 30 mins cardio. LIke I know not to go too hard and listen to my body. But how come some instructors let pregnant women take part, and others dont? xxx

It maybe depends how qualified they are-my sil is a personal trainer/fitness instructor and she went on the Zimbabwe course and found out that to do the course u need no previous fitness qualifications so basically anyone can teach it after the course.
My sil paid thousands to become fully qualified and able to teach pregnant women etc and was a peed off that any ton dick or harry could teach Zumba xx

Hey thanks for the reply :) Yeah a friend of mine was a fitness instructor and he said that it all depends on how qualified they are and the insurance they have. Im waiting to see if the instructor in my gym will let me do it tonight :) xxx

Well fingers crossed you can angel! I went to a few zumba classes before I found out I was pg and they're a hell of a lot of fun! I can't go any more, as like you, they wouldn't let me join in pg because they didn't have the insurance to cover it :( xx

Aww Danti its terrible, youd think theyd have all the proper insurance. Thankfully the instructor at my normal gym go back to me, shes a fully qualified fitness instructor and has the proper insurance so Im allowed to do it there :) Cant wait, although Ill prob be terrible at it haha xxx

You would! But I don't mind too much as my Mum has just bought herself an Xbox Kinect with the Zumba game so will just have to steal it off her :lol: Awesome news that you can do it in your normal gym and I'm sure you'll love it regardless of being good or not :D I did and I was terrible haha! xx

I do zumba, there was a lady in my class who did it up to 35 weeks! My instructor is lovely, all I have to do is put on the sign in form that I'm pregnant. The midwife said as I was doin a high level of zumba before I fell pregnant, I could carry on doin it.

Def phone round a few instructors in ur area and see what they say.

Hope u manage to zumba tonight :) I did a 2 hour class last night, was pooped but I really enjoy it! some of my zumba cargos even have a large waistband to act as maternity zumba trousers! Result!!

Hey, thanks I got to do it lastnight and loved it, actually thinking about going tonight, if Im not heading to bingo haha. Was really good fun and I know the instructor and she made sure I was ok the whole way through. I thought Id be covered in sweat but I was grand, couldve actually kept going, and as a bonus I got the hang of the routines ok. I worked as a dancer upto the start of my pregnancy but I always thought I was uncoordinated (it was after an experience in step class where I kept falling off the step haha) xxx

Wow, you guys have just made me feel tired just reading about it........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back