I was asked for ID yesterday woohoo

no the legal age is still 16 to buy cigs, but if you look under 21 they have to id you now :lol: .

Nice one though I love getting id's, I just give a beaming smile show them my provisional licence and say thank you :rotfl:

xSuzx

Thing is i hate showin people my passport coz i look like a alien on it :| i was really ill the day the pic was takin so its a right mingin pic! :|

Still not impressed abt bein asked for ID tho. :shock:

I aint goin in that shop again everytime i go in there i get ID'd. At least last time it was for alcohol, and it was ma 18th bday!!

Wow I bet you are well happy about that!

I too seem to have aged in the last 4 months! :rotfl:

When I passed my tesco express today it said something about asking for ID for alcohol if you look under 30! I thought it was if you looked under 21?! I suppose it's a good idea though as I think I looked the same age from about 15-21! :lol:

Where I work we have to ask for ID if someone looks under 21 but I always ask if they look under about 30 because I can get fined £80 on the spot if I serve under age and go to court! Fags in our place is 18 now which is the same as a lot of supermarkets and it will be 18 everywhere in october or november time.

I think they should just ID everyone that way everyone would just show ID as soon as they got alcohol etc. That means that people who serve don't have to try and figure their age out and can't lose their job!

Strangeness said:
Where I work we have to ask for ID if someone looks under 21 but I always ask if they look under about 30 because I can get fined £80 on the spot if I serve under age and go to court! Fags in our place is 18 now which is the same as a lot of supermarkets and it will be 18 everywhere in october or november time.

I think they should just ID everyone that way everyone would just show ID as soon as they got alcohol etc. That means that people who serve don't have to try and figure their age out and can't lose their job!

I dont agree with that, I dont carry my passport or any other heavy ID with me because if I lose my bag or its gets stolen then they also have my ID and with all the Identity theft going on, that aint happening!

I refuse to be made to feel like I have to prove who I am every day, its ridiculous. Most people can tell the difference between me and a 16 year old, just cos that silly little twat who only looked about 12 himself didnt doesnt mean I have to prove myself to anyone lol

glitzyglamgirl said:
Im seriously chuffed lol, I got asked for some ID when I went to buy some ciggies lastnight, I said er.....im 32! and he refused to believe me, he said I just dont look it lol, I was really annoyed and embarrassed cos there was a long queue of sniggering people behind me, even the other shop assistant was giggling, but now im quite chuffed about it :rotfl: :rotfl:

WOOHOO!! :dance:

Everyone can get a proof of age card which isn't a form of ID they can steal from but it's a form of ID that is accepted. Trading standards go out of their way to try and screw people who work selling restricted products and it would just make life a lot easier for everyone if people just had a proof of age card. If I sell underage I can go to prison for it, which to me is wrong! I can't tell lots pf people's age unless they look about 40. I went out with a guy younger than me and my mum thought he was 26 at the time we were together I was 15 and he was 14.

hmm fair point, I guess at the end of the day shops have to cover thier own backs and the backs of thier staff. I wouldnt mind an ID card so much, as long as it was only for that purpose and not for big brother, but thats another thread lol :lol:

Haha no I'm not into the big brother ID cards, just the ones with the hologram which all they say is how old you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back