I told my boss!!

Sabrina

Reaction score
I haven't got a lot of time to post now but just wanted to say :dance: yay I finally plucked up courage to tell my boss I'm pregnant (after keeping it a secret 11 weeks!)

He was great about it and very reassuring. :eek: I'm so glad I have finally told him. Although I asked him to still keep it quiet he said that's fine.

No problem with appointments or check ups and he's aware I'm going to have extra monitoring (coz of my age). He was really nice... he even suggested about me working from home a couple of days a week after the baby is born... without me saying a word.

Phew! I'm glad that's over. :D

:cheer:

Sabrina
x

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

well done for finally doing it! There is nothing worse than dreading doing something, it is always never as bad as you thought.

Glad he was so cool about it too.. working from home after your maternity leave I take it ??!! Nice one.

:dance:

:clap: :clap: WELL DONE :clap: :clap:

That's one thing out the way eh?

you can 'breathe out' at work now!!!!

catch up soon :hug:

Yes TopBird the working from home is after my maternity leave. I told him I'd take about 6 months and then come back to work (albeit probably not full time like now). That's when he said "well we can talk about that nearer the time, maybe you could do a couple of days working from home). See that is my aim really to work 4 or 5 days a week but only 2 in the office. :)

Marchmama I'm not far from you as I'm in Brentwood :D

Thanks Tuck! You are right it's another thing off the "to do" list. Although it's not public knowledge at work at least I can breathe easier knowing if anyone finds out my boss already knows.

:hug: to you all

Sabrina
x

Hi

Thats great hun , hope it all works out for you
Katrina

that is close. will u be going to Queens or king georges?

Hi Sabrina :wave:

How old are you? I ain't getting any extra care but quite glad of that :D

Oldermum - I'm 42 (just had my birthday). I think it is my age plus the fact that I had pre-eclampsia/toxaemia with my first baby that means I get the extra monitoring. I'm certainly not complaining. I would much rather they check me out regularly.... and it also means I get to see my baby lots as I get 4 more scans! :dance:

Marchmama - I'm having the baby at Basildon. My surgery offered me a choice of 3 places and one was Harold Wood (which has now closed). Basildon is actually closer to me than the other two I was offered :D

Sabrina
x

Well done Sabrina for plucking up the courage!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back