i thought things couldnt get any worse

its 5.43 am

Woke up at 3.30 am herd a loud rumbling noise, thought i had gone to bed and left the heating on, stumbled downstairs half asleep only to come into the living room and water everywhere!!!! First reaction was OMFG the boiler has burst, then when i put the light on found all amy fish dead and about half a pint of water left in the fish tank. worst of all we have laminate flooring and managed to get all the water away (all 15 litres of it)
The flooring at the moment doesnt look too bad although its still early and we have the fan heaters on trying to dry it up. Its looking like its just wear and tare and it hasnt started to warp up yet so fingers crossed this is teh worst it will be. Luckily we had started packing all the orniments and stuff before going to bed and the box was left next to the fish tank so it had soaked most of teh water up and nothing ahs been damaged except one little box with one of OH model cars in it but the car is fine.

things just get better and better dont the...lol

dreading having to tell Adele when she gets up what happend she will be hearbroken :cry:

not much point going back to bed now as colby will prob be awake soon.

Hope yous all have a better start to the day than us....lol

(cant believe this has happend now, surely nothing else can go wrong)

xxxxxx

6.20 am and the floor is looking terrible :evil:

anyone know if you can just get part of laminate flooring fixed or woud it all have to be replaced? dont know what type of flooring it is if its the click stuff or not :think:

:bored:

im so tired of all this shit :wall: :wall: :wall:

awww hun sorry to hear about ur flooring, sorry i cant answer ur question i know nothing about flooring :?

hope everything gets better for u very soon hun xx :hug:

davina said:
but emmylou is it the same law in scotland?

Didn't notice you were in Scotland - obviously I'm on English law in my agency.....

Well the basics are definitely still in scottish law, with regards to notice this must be given in writing, mimimum notice term will still be one month/ 30 days. So notice has not been served if you have only spoken to them on the phone.

Deposit money can be offset against arrears, obviously if there is damage they may choose to use the deposit to pay for that first, and use the balance against arrears.

The only think that may be different is the section notices, and the time scales procedures. They still can't automatically send someone to remove you if you don't leave they will have to take it through the courts. Obviously you don't want it to get to that if you cn avoid it, but you also don't want to end up on the street.

With regards your floor - do you have home insurance? Check if you are covered against accidental damage? With regards replacing the floor, you will need to replace any damaged areas, not 100% positive, but if its the click stuff I'm sure you can just replace the damage sections.

So sorry to hear its all going upside down for you at the minute, x :hug:

we did have home insurance up untill yesterday afternoon, Oh cancelled it just so it was one less thing to do :wall: :wall: :wall:

Its not too bad well im not sure i think it looks worse than it is because i know where it is but if someone came in idont think they would nottice ifthat makes sence.

My heads banging with all of this and cant think straight...lol

ok, its all had time to sink inand that letter is them giving us one full clear nottice saying we have to move out but we dont HAVE to. We called the guy who is dealing with teh bankrupcy and he said if we dont have a council house to move into then teh landlord cant force us out and we dont have to pay rent that way it will go to court and the council will have to get us a house.

We have beenadvised to tell the council on mondaythat we have to beout by the 25th to speed things up, and we will move out on thatdate if we get a house and if not then we will be staying put....lol

its all very confussing i know and im really tired and not thinking straight so sorry if none of this makes any sence at all....lol

will let yous know what happens on monday

keep everything crossed :pray:

:hug: xxx :hug: xxx :hug: x

Awww sweetie, i dunno whatt to say :hug:

wel they say stuff comes in 3's so this should be it for you now :pray:

AS for your insurance, even though you cancelled it yesterday, you might still be covered for the rest of the month depending when they took your last payment

I haven't got any advice unfortunately because I have never been in your position, but I just wanted to say that every cloud has a silver lining and that I firmly believe that every bad thing that happens a good thing will happen. Hugs to you all and I hope you get sorted soon. You never know this might be a blessing in discuise?? :hug:

thankyou everyone for reading this huge mess, giving advice and all your kind words and support :hug:

dreading monday to see what the homeless officer will say but its all just a waiting game till 3pm monday :|

will let you all know as soon as we hear some news so please keep all your wee toes and fingers crossed for us :pray: :pray:

p.s we didnt win the lottery tonite :rotfl: :rotfl:

thankyou all once again#
:hug: xxx :hug: xxx :hug: xxx :hug:

Hope you are OK weestar, fingers crossed everything gets sorted out really soon :hug:

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you for monday.....hope the housing can sort you out with something. :pray:

im so dreading today but at least im not going on my own this time OH will be with me to so its half the battle :)

How did you get on hun? :hug:

lets just say in the nice way

unless we have been removed from our house by foruce we will not be getting a councill house till all our stuff is in teh street.

the woman we spoke to was as amuch use as a chocolate fireguard

gave her the eviction nottice and she said it wasnt it was just a letter saying that the lease has come to an end :shock: :shock: sorry but its an eviction nottice. She didnt have a fucking clue what she was talking about. She said it takes them 28 days to make a descisionwether we are homeless or not

we dont have 28 days :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

why wont they help us, just found out a guy has just been realesed from jail on 3 counts of rape and been given a 3 bedroom house round the corner from us :wall: :wall: :wall:

im so pissed off at the moment.
What makes it worse is we havent paid the rent for this month and the letting store are expecting it to be made tomoz by cash, we dont have it and all the landlords family live right beside our house so fuck knows whats going to happen when they all find out we cant pay the rent and cant move out because we have no where to go

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sorry for being such a bitch im just really upset at the moment and no one can help us :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Awww hun :hug: tahts all i can say realy

except i would pack my stuff and move into the council office until they find you somewhere and quote the rapist at them.

can you have a word with your local councllor?

tried that one before all he done was got us an appointment with a homeless officer who done nothing :(

never mind we still have 21 days to get a roof over our heads

if i were you weestar i would try and stick it out, like squat, could you do that option

its all we can do davina because we dont have anywhere else to go its just with all their family being round about us im just scared of what they might do, he has 3 brothers 1 in the police one whos a builder and one who is a firefighter, im just scared but OH said they wouldnt do anything to hurt us but in this day and age you just never know what people are capable of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back