i think there may be trouble ahead with the mother in law.

Jojo84

Reaction score
so i was speaking to my best friend because i had to talk to someone who wasnt my husband about my pregnancy (since i just found out) and i joked that hubbys mum probably wanted more time before coming a granny. anyway, she laughed and said that at the wedding she-- and many others -- got the story that she didn't want to be a grandma and she wasn't ready for it.

im a little worried at what her reaction could be... not that we're telling her just yet, but i know she didnt want her kids to have kids

Oh dear. Could she be kidding? Better to be a young grandma rather than an old one!

My mother in law doesn't know I'm pregnant, and didnt know I miscarried last month either. She's constantly going on at me about being careful I don't end up pregnant again at my age! I'm 35 not 60!

I wouldn't worry ladies! It's your life and yours and your OH's choices what you do and when you have kids!
I've had problems with my mother in law...
Mind my language 'fuck em' :D they're get over it and if they don't its their loss haha.
Xx

shes not joking. and shes not young lol. im 29, but her oldest son is almost 40 (granted she was young when she had him). i alwsays get the impression she wasnt really all that keen that she had kids. none of his brothers or sisters want kids or want to be aunts or uncles at all... my mum is going to be ecstatic though, proper crazy and happy... maybe TOO happy lol

My OHs mum wasn't bothered when we told her last week I was pregnant. I'm sure she will soon cheer up when you tell her and you're showing etc. when I'm older I definitely want my children to have children lol. I'd hate to not have grandchildren personally xxx

well she lives 5 hrs away and never travels so she wont see me probably and rarely see the baby which makes me kinda sad tbh. i loved having 2 sets of grandparents,

It's not up to her though, and if she wants to get shitty about it, let her. It will only be herself she is depriving if she decides not to keep contact.

X

I will swap you for my in laws. No matter what she says yous are happy with your choice of having this little one. I can safely say my in laws will never see our little one. I would have loved to have both sets of grandparents involved. My parents are lovely but the inlaws well what can I say. My husband loves my parents and they love him but his parents hate me. All I will say is walking out of your own sons wedding because you can't get your own wall will only end one way.

mrs smith... yikes! no ill keep mine i think... she's lovely, but a bit of a free spirit and i think having 3 kids between 16 and 25 made her a little more restricted than she wanted and she thinks grand-kids will take her freedom away again and make her feel old.

im hoping she will change her tune and visit more often... i mean she has a car and everything, My aunt visdits her grandchild every 2 weeks and she lives 3 hrs away. it can be done.

Jojo I didn't think you would want her. No one does ha ha. I'm sure she will change her tune when the little one arrives. x

im still on that "if" the little one arrives mode.... sad really.

Awe god. Deal with it granny. Not that she's givin birth r rarin it for use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back