I think she's constipated

Lola's Mummy

Reaction score
I think my little girl is getting constipated, She can cry for up to 1 hour and nothing I do will soothe her then suddenly she will do a massive watery poo and start making cute baby noises straight after.

It doesn't happen every day but she's been like it twice this week and I feel so sorry for her

Is there anything I can do or give her to help ?

Thanks

I really can't say for definite as I'm no expert, but if her poo is watery it might be wind, rather than constipation, just a thought :hug:
Maybe try more winding with her when she's upset, and I know some people find Gripe Water useful for wind, but cannot say from experience personally.
Very best wishes :hug:

I agree, it sounds more like wind.

gripe water made alice throw up. But it worked for me when i was a bubba. :think:

Infacol worked for alice though.

:hug:

we're not clued up on what ryan's trying to tell us, but we use cooled boiled water for if we think he wants to poo, or we give him our finger to suck (to encourage the digestion movement).. and we use infacol if we think he has burps.

I haven't tried the finger sucking so will give that a go next time it happens if not I think i'll have to get some infacol

Thanks x.

Is Lola exclusively b/fed? It's unusual for b/fed babies to get constipated. I agree that its more likely to be wind, but DD hasn't really had this problem, so I'm not sure what to suggest.

Valentine xxx

valentine said:
Is Lola exclusively b/fed? It's unusual for b/fed babies to get constipated. I agree that its more likely to be wind, but DD hasn't really had this problem, so I'm not sure what to suggest.

Valentine xxx

Yes she ie exclusively b/fed.

She used to cry with wind when she was first born because the midwifes at my local hospital told me b/fed babies don't need winding, So i wasn't winding her but soon found out they do need to be winded.

This crying seems to be worse but it prob is wind xx.

Ione does the same, although it's not like proper crying it's just like she's really straining to poo. We asked the HV about it and she said that it's just that Ione isn't used to the sensation of needing a poo yet and so is making a big fuss about it but it should go away when she gets used to it. It's been a few weeks now though!
I might try offering my finger too. I tried a dummy this morning for the first time while she was grunting away, she took the dummy fine but still managed to make loud straining noises while furiously sucking it.

breast fed babies do need winding! lol millie does the massivest belches her daddy would be proud of :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back