I think my baby's head is engaged

laetitia85

Reaction score
I feel more and more pressure down there, I really think the head is engaged.

I'm only 33 weeks. is it a bit early? How does it feel when the head is engaged?

:D nay head didn't get engaged a tall while i was pregnant.

i thought it was but my midwife said no!

i think it is far to early for it to be engaged, but i think you can tell when your belly has dropped, if your belly botton seems far away from you then you've prob dropped :D

take a pic lets have a look at you big round belly :cheer:

:hug:

Oh God you don't wanna see my belly it looks so weird and big! :oops:
from what you've described i don't think his head is engaged
thanks hun

The baby's head can start to engage any time from 34wks, if I remember correctly... your MW will start checking now and write it in your notes ie. 3/5 engaged etc

It is totally normal to start to feel alot of pressure down there now tho :D

yep..sarahs right.. it could be starting..when the baby is engaged you can breath again.. its great lol. the only thing is you need to wee more often.. and if you sneeze or laugh you could wee a bit lol..but.. after being so uncomfortable for a bit i would take breathing over neededing a wee all the time.. anyday :)

Ohhh the weeing, 4 or 5 times a night now and you can feel the pressure!, you may feel little wriggles on your pubic line too. No need to worry though, it's normal for the baby to be engaged at your time, doesn't mean your LO will show right now, it can take a while yet xxx

yes I've been going to the toilet much more, especially at night. It's now 5 times a night I think :shock:

I am just back from my 34 week appointment and his head is not engaged yet.

I though it was starting to engage as I am up a lot at night and have a lot of pressure too.

Your midwifwe will tell you at your next appointment but don't worry about it as others have said it doesn't mean that he is on his way.

I've had loads of pressure down there too, and also shooting pains in my bits. But midwife said yesterday that baby isn't engaged yet, on its way though, and my bump is definately lower!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back