I think my 'AF' was an early miscarriage

angelD

Reaction score
Iv had a strange couple of days, I was on CD35 and id been having a lot of strong pregnancy symptoms for over a week, strange sensations in boobs, mega tiredness, metalic taste in mouth for days, cramps ect, my cycles are usually between 28-32 days and id done a few early detection tests which where :bfn:

I started bleeding on Friday night which was painfull and heavy, my usual AF is light, slightly heavier for a day or two then light again, (Sorry if tmi) lol anyway, this time is was different. On Saturday I passed a few clots and it continued to be painful. Today the pain has gone and the bleeding has become light.

Given my past experiences and what iv been through, iv got to know my body very well and I honestly believe that I had concieved but sadly it wasnt a sticky bean :shakehead:

Iv been feeling down about it but trying not to let my OH see that im secretly gutted and iv been thinking about how many more times I can let myself go through all of this, its like my life is consumed with becoming pregnant, and staying pregnant and its such a blow when it keeps going wrong! I want to be a mum more than anything in the world but everytime I go through a loss its like a piece of my dies too :cry: has anyone else ever felt like this??? :wall2:

Last edited:
Hon, I have now had 5 miscarriages my most recent being 3 weeks ago and I know exactly how you feel. I have had numerous tests and they found a problem so when I was pregnant just after Xmas I was taking my heparin and aspirin but a couple of weeks later it was over and I was found to have low progesterone as well so that has been prescribed for me too.

I had a big bust up with my OH on Saturday night about pregnancy how he was sick of hearing about it etc. It is also taking over my life and its all I want more than anything, I have no children but would so love a baby of my own. x

Hon, I have now had 5 miscarriages my most recent being 3 weeks ago and I know exactly how you feel. I have had numerous tests and they found a problem so when I was pregnant just after Xmas I was taking my heparin and aspirin but a couple of weeks later it was over and I was found to have low progesterone as well so that has been prescribed for me too.

I had a big bust up with my OH on Saturday night about pregnancy how he was sick of hearing about it etc. It is also taking over my life and its all I want more than anything, I have no children but would so love a baby of my own. x

Awww, i know exactly how your feeling too, the whole thing has put a strain on our relationship. After loosing our first baby girl at 20 weeks we did become closer as a couple and thought that after getting through all that we could get through anything but its not been easy and during my ectopic in September he walked out on me before my treatment was even over, it just all got too much.

We are now TTC again and this first month I think we managed it :( I tried to convince myself that I wouldnt become obsessed with it all again but here I am, well and truely a :poas:and gutted and the thought of having lost another bean........ its just so tough mentally and you can only go on for so long in a bubble of turmoil after each loss :confused: xxxxx

It is so tough mentally to keep going through this but I have told myself that I want to keep trying but you have to make that decision for yourself.

I am trying to be positive that it will work next time as my doctor has been so amazing at getting me answers etc.

Good luck hon and pm anytime you fancy a chat x

I can totally understand hoe you feel hun. I had a mc before having my little boy and am convinced I then went on to have another mc without having had a positive result. I had an unusually ling cycle and was very painful when 'af' arrived but I as I never had a positive result it was hard emotionally to deal with it because I didnt know for sure what was happening.
It sounds very cliched but hang in there, you will get your sticky bean. It is totally devastating to experience a mc and I know I questioned myself through my ttc time. But you have to stay positive and believe that it will happen.
Good luck and big hugs xxx

I can totally understand hoe you feel hun. I had a mc before having my little boy and am convinced I then went on to have another mc without having had a positive result. I had an unusually ling cycle and was very painful when 'af' arrived but I as I never had a positive result it was hard emotionally to deal with it because I didnt know for sure what was happening.
It sounds very cliched but hang in there, you will get your sticky bean. It is totally devastating to experience a mc and I know I questioned myself through my ttc time. But you have to stay positive and believe that it will happen.
Good luck and big hugs xxx

Thank you Sue, thats my position at the moment, I didnt get a positive test but i m almost certain that it was an early mc, I just dont know what to think. Im doubting my ability to ever be able to have a healthy pregnancy and birth. im not getting any younger and it so hard to know what to do or think. iv tried to be positive but everytime i get a kick in the face no matter what way i think. Im just utterly fed up at the moment. thanks for your kind words though xxx

I had what I believe was a chemical pregnancy in the summer. I got pregnancy symptoms and two extremely faint lines on tests at about the 10 min mark, I decided they were inconclusive but there was no problem I would just wait and test again in a couple of days, then my period arrived a day late. I was all over the place emotionally and so upset about it. My OH was very supportive but he didn't really think that I had ever been pregnant. I obsessed over it for weeks and just couldn't shake the feeling that I had been pregnant but was half convinced I was making it all up. When I got pregnant again and the symptoms were exactly the same I decided that it had been a chemical. Grieving and not being able to share what I was going through with others, or even quite know what I was grieving over myself was really hard. I found the ladies on here really helped because it's hard to understand without going through it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back