i think i may have done something wrong :(

abbiecourt

Reaction score
i have head lice of my kids from school and i used lyclear on my hair thinking it would not effect me or baby but i read leaflet and said just ask doctor but online i got this message

The safety of this medicine for use during pregnancy has not been established. It is not recommended for use in pregnancy, unless considered essential by your doctor. Seek medical advice from your doctor if you are pregnant.

i am freaking out now has anyone else used things like this while being pregnant? i am scared something gonna happen now :(

Haven't a clue I'm afraid I'd ring NHS direct if I were you. It's probably just an insurance waiver as they have no evidence it DOESNT do anything. It's not like you drank it or use it all the time, I reckon you'll be fine but call them just to find out and put your mind at rest,
Good luck xx

I'd think it's nothing serious - as Binzy pointed out, they say that there is no evidence, which doesn't mean it is harmful. But I would check with a doctor just in case xx

It's probably fine using it once, I'm sure these companies make these statements to cover themselves, or so people don't use it all the time. Prob worse using dodgy stuff in tri 1 when the baby is still doing most of it's forming. I would wash your hair a few times to make sure there's no traces left then maybe speak to chemist or doctor for advice. I'm sure it will be fine though x

I think its probably fine too.

I rang nhs diect last week about tablets I was taking (I know its different) and she said it says that 'its not recommended in pregnancy' on things because it would be unethical to test on pregnant women which is why they dont have stats etc.

yeh everything is fine baby moving fine so i take it one bottle wont harm just stick to the conditioner and comb for a bit now :) lol kids!!!

My mum used to work in a chemist near a primary school and she said the best thing was tea tree oil shampoo and one of those nit combs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back